Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this week I pushed my limit with the gas light. I went 4 days ( around 103 miles) on E, and yesterday I found out how dumb that is. I was on my way to get gas and as I was going up a hill the engine cut off completely. The electric motor kicked on and I turned off everything I could, I rolled down the hill ( 3/4 battery) and got a red traffic light of course at the bottom. I was less than 1/2 a mile away from a gas station that was sadly uphill. I coasted as much as could and pulled over 1000 feet away from a gas station. The battery completely died, but before it died the power steering light came on. I kinda thought it had a little gas in it so I turned it off and turned it back on (do not do this) the engine sputtered to life but died two seconds later with every light you don't want to see on the dash. I walked to the gas station and put 1 gallon in the tank. I hit the button (the light on the start button was orange) and the car still would not turn on, I walked back and got 1 more gallon of gas thinking because I'm on a slight hill in this parking lot the pump can't get a gauge that it has something in it. Still nothing, I read that the car will attempt 3x to start but if it fails a code will cause the car to not even try after that and a tech will need to clear the code. I'm not a mechanic but I do understand that sometimes you can disconnect the battery to rest the ECU. I got a wrench from a chickfila across the street and took the (-) battery terminal off for about 2 minutes. I tried to turn it on and nothing still, the dash was lit up and the start button was still orange. Then for some reason not thinking at all I pressed again and held the button and the car started. I think holding the start button made the car try to start in spite of the code idk and I'm not trying to find out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dangerous!!! But - I completely understand going through a hypothesis like Bruce Willis in Die Hard! Keep us in the loop if anything goes wonky. Personally, I think an Angel saved your ASS there buddy! Cheers! 🍻

1 - 2 of 2 Posts