Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just got my CT a few days ago, 2015 F sport.
I'm going to have to store it this year for 6 months (military deployment) , will a trickle charger be enough to stop both my batteries from dying?
If you have any other tips for storing the CT for this long I'd appreciate it, so far I'm planning on inflating the tires to 45 PSI, getting a trickle charger and a cover.

·
Registered
Lexus CT200h Business Line Pro , 2011, Tungsten Pearl
29 Posts
I don't have any experience myself, but I would say that having a trickle charger connected will prevent the battery from dying. Also you said "both" my batteries but as from what I know is that the only battery that you need to keep charged is the 12V one in the trunk.

That''s the battery you need to power up the electronics by pushing the start button. Once the car is in ready mode the engine will kick in automatically as usual and will charge the Hybrid Battery itself.

Switching off the keyless entry system can also "save" a bit of battery power but other than that the trickle charger will be good enough I think.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
15 Posts
My understanding is that months is absolutely never okay for storage, as it could drain and damage the hybrid battery. I recommend you call the Dealer and ask them what they recommend, it may be in the manual as well. Ideally you leave a key with someone you trust to drive it around every couple of weeks, at least once a month for 30 minutes at least. In California, the CT has a 10-year/100k mile warranty (maybe everywhere) so if you are no planning on reaching 100k any time soon, maybe you won't care if by chance it goes bad, just thought I'd share that info.

·
Registered
Lexus CT200h Business Line Pro , 2011, Tungsten Pearl
29 Posts
I now see I misread 6 months, thought it was 6 weeks...😊

1 - 4 of 4 Posts