Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to know how many miles you guys are getting out of the stock Michelin tires.

Currently i have 51K on 3 of my tires with 4/43" left. I had to replace 1 tire and rim after damage from hitting something on the fwy . Due to that incident,the dealer replaced with stock Michelin tire. Thinking about buying one more to match,then replace the other 2 with continentals or?

·
Registered
120 Posts
i racked up 35,000 miles before they needed replacement. Bought 4 new Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 tires. Can't say enough positive about these tires. They grip tight on turns and glide perfectly in heavy rain. No kickback or hydroplane over heavy flooding.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, you are not using a low rolling resistance tire then ? Any particular reason?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was not impressed with the mileage i got out of the Michelin's. i choose the hankook's from a review by member of this site. I have not noticed any decrease in fuel mileage at all.

·
Registered
486 Posts
my cheapness wants mine to last a long time
my impulsiveness wants them to wear out so i can replace them with 225/45/17s

·
Registered
990 Posts
To be honest if I knew how bad the stock tires are in terms of ride and comfort compared to the ones I have now I would have ditched them much sooner. The only downside to the tires I have now especially with the upsize is that I lost a consistent 1 mpg.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm now up to 56K and will be going in for an oil change and rotation.I'll know then how little life i have left.Hopefully can get to 60K

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm a very "proactive" tire guy rather than a reactive one. The most important safety feature between me and the pavement are my tires, and I don't wait for something to go wrong by trying to stretch the mileage on them. Regardless of the make/type of tire...I change them between 25k and 30K. Also, rolling resistance is no big deal in my estimation...I'd rather have a better performing tire than one that will save me $.10 cents in gas every 1,000 miles !

·
Registered
85 Posts
To be honest if I knew how bad the stock tires are in terms of ride and comfort compared to the ones I have now I would have ditched them much sooner. The only downside to the tires I have now especially with the upsize is that I lost a consistent 1 mpg.

What aftermarket tires are you running, and how do you like them ?? I'm getting close to changing my stocks...looking for recommendations ~

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
What aftermarket tires are you running and how do you like them ?? I'm getting close to changing my stock Michelins soon...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tires are not cheap, i want to get my moneys worth . I dont plan on going bald with them. that would be stupid.

By what you say, I should get new tires by the
50% mark . If that was the case tire manufactures would put the tread bars for that point in tire life . I don't like throwing money out the window

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
1 - 20 of 73 Posts