Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
430 Posts
Well, I think it depends on what you want. But any Toyota/Lexus wheel is going to bolt on, maybe others. But then there is electronic wiring stuff too. You could get one of them cheap universal spindly things with an adaptor, or an upgraded OEM version, but those are pricey yeah.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I think it depends on what you want. But any Toyota/Lexus wheel is going to bolt on, maybe others. But then there is electronic wiring stuff too. You could get one of them cheap universal spindly things with an adaptor, or an upgraded OEM version, but those are pricey yeah.
I'm really open to anything that's factory looking. I've seen some pictures of a Lexus steering wheel on here from years ago that were custom wrapped. They were beautiful. Unfortunately, I don't know where to get those.

I'm not looking for anything like an aftermarket steering wheel from companies such as NRG, etc. I'm trying to keep my car looking as close to OEM as possible.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let me clarify again, by saying I'm interested in a Toyota / Lexus steering wheel. My existing steering wheel has a ton of damage on the leather. I'm interested in either swapping the steering wheel or repairing it.

·
Registered
2012 Premium with Nav
44 Posts
whatever you do please disconnect the battery before you mess around with the steering wheel. Take the column apart first and unplug the yellow wire at the base of the column. Best to get this done professionally if inexperienced or at the absolute very least look up how to take one off. Changing a steering wheel can deploy the air bag, which can kill you.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
430 Posts
Let me clarify again, by saying I'm interested in a Toyota / Lexus steering wheel. My existing steering wheel has a ton of damage on the leather. I'm interested in either swapping the steering wheel or repairing it.
Then I'd just get another CT wheel and keep it simple. It's used across other vehicles too, so wherever you can get a used one in the right condition for cheapest. Anything new, custom, or fancy is going to be very pricy in comparison.

Depending on the damage, the other option is to get a steering wheel skin/cover, something that just slips over the wheel, or even one you can stitch/sew on yourself.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Steering part Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design

As requested.

I still need to have the area where your thumbs go restitched. The fabric isn't laying down completely. I'm also not sure if I love the feeling of suede on the steering wheel in general. I'm thinking that I prefer leather more. All in all, this was a very inexpensive way to fix the steering wheel.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Then I'd just get another CT wheel and keep it simple. It's used across other vehicles too, so wherever you can get a used one in the right condition for cheapest. Anything new, custom, or fancy is going to be very pricy in comparison.

Depending on the damage, the other option is to get a steering wheel skin/cover, something that just slips over the wheel, or even one you can stitch/sew on yourself.

Do the other Lexus steering wheels fit the CT?

Something like this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

I'm interested in swapping the steering wheel on my 2015 base model. Are there any recommendations you all would have? I've seen a few online, but they were over $800.
East Detailing
They make stich-on steering wheel covers that are made to fit the car. They look really good and fits the factory look. I recommend sticking with the leather options.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
East Detailing
They make stich-on steering wheel covers that are made to fit the car. They look really good and fits the factory look. I recommend sticking with the leather options.
I had someone stich a cover on my existing OEM wheel before I decided to buy an entirely new steering wheel. I don't want to go through that again. I couldn't find any shop that was willing to stich it for me, so I hired my neighbor to do it. It came OK, but it wasn't what I wanted. I personally don't want to do any stitching myself.

This is what I bought originally.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I replaced my clock spring with a brand new OEM one from Lexus. I didn't disconnect the battery and I plugged it all in. The VSC light went off immediately and it stayed off.

Now I just need to pop the airbag in. I'll probably pull the negative battery terminal for that.

EDIT Done :).

Speedometer Vehicle Car Trip computer Odometer

She's finally done! I had to exchange the previous steering wheel. The perforation in the imitation leather was just so uncomfortable for me. I think it was because the holes were much larger than normal. Funny enough, I got a perforated steering wheel cover for when I go into a shop and it doesn't bother me at all. So, it must be something to do with it. I also didn't like how the sun glared off the carbon fiber when I was driving.

@TobiasSing No more broken parts. I promise ;-).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts