Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The leather at the backside of the 3 and 9 o'clock spokes on my steering wheel (w/leather package), where the rim indents and meets the main spokes, does not appear to be glued down. This is on both sides. I didn't notice it before and now can't seem to ignore it. Is this normal or is the leather separating?

It's best felt when gripping the steering wheel at the side of the 9 o'clock spoke. Using your index, middle and ring fingers push the leather where the indentation is.

Can someone check to see if this area of leather where the rim meets the spoke should be glued down?

Thanks.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The leather at the backside of the 3 and 9 o'clock spokes on my steering wheel (w/leather package), where the rim indents and meets the main spokes, does not appear to be glued down. This is on both sides. I didn't notice it before and now can't seem to ignore it. Is this normal or is the leather separating?

It's best felt when gripping the steering wheel at the side of the 9 o'clock spoke. Using your index, middle and ring fingers push the leather where the indentation is.

Can someone check to see if this area of leather where the rim meets the spoke should be glued down?

Thanks.
It's normal. It's actually a real leather wrapped steering wheel. All CT's have this standard whether you have leather or nulux seats.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
The leather wrap is black, but I want to use blue thread for the stitching to give the car a sportier look. I have done this type of project once before with a previous car, but I used the regular black thread provided by Wheelskins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts