Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
yup...works really well in Toyota/Lexus. They are one of the few manufactures that keep the SWC signal simple. get the AX-TOY28SWC harness and it is a simple plug -n- play solution and retains the 3.5mm jack in the center console (as long as your radio has an aux in).

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually bought the ASWC because it worked well in my previous car, the problem with it is: in the manual it doesnt have it listed. The CT200h has a different harness, and it looks like a different pin configuration from what i saw when i pulled the headunit out. I will have to look into the AX-TOY28SWC, from the compatibility list it looks like they are all new model toyotas. Also looks like "Axxess ASWC required and sold separately" so the one i have wont go to waste.

If i have success i will let everyone know since it doesnt seem like many people have tried it or atleast posted info on it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Since there is no dash kit to put a radio in our cars that's the reason the CT isn't listed. However since it's a Toyota there isn't much variation. the AX-TOY28SWC is used in many of the newer Toyota's. before they used a 20-way connector at the radio at housed the SWC wires and aux wires.
If you run into any issues let me know.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to confirm for everyone the Metra ASWC w/ AX-TOY28SWC allowed me to regain my steering wheel controls. my next mission is to modify the brackets to get the Double din to fit properly..

·
Registered
54 Posts
would there be a problem if i have the metra aswc-1 instead of the metro aswc? I had my kenwood dnn770hd installed a few weeks ago with the metra aswc-1. I only retained the volume controls. I just bought the ax-toy28swc and received it from AMAZON (thanks for the link guys!) Any other tips to tell the installer? Do I need anything else?? and how much do you guys think would be ball price for them to go back in and install the ax-toy28swc?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.