Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else feel cold air coming from the steering column. I just noticed it last night when the temperature dropped down to 32 degrees. Even with the heat up high there was still a cold draft blowing on my legs. Is this a defect or is there a quick fix? I want to love this car but I'm off to the service department again. What to do.......

·
Registered
134 Posts
Likely just the natural physics of heat transfer/convection, especially if you had the heater on heating the top half of the car (vents, windshield) - hot air rising and and cold air descending can giving the impression there's a slight cold air leak/draft towards the bottom half of the car - any car for that matter.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Weird. No, I haven't experienced that either. I'd be shocked if it was an actual draft from the outside. Good luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The heating system in this car isn't impressive. I agree it can feel drafty but I think the defroster is drafty when the controls are just forcing heat out the lower ducts. Need to select both defroster and lower ducts to help defeat the cool draft. I also find it odd that the temps have to be set so high (~74) to produce moderate heat. I just chock this all up to the fact that it's a hybrid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts