Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys, I recently purchased a used 2012 CT200h and I had a couple questions. When I back up and turn the steering wheel or taking a turn slowly I feel a light clunk. Is this normal? It's not audible, just a feeling in the steering wheel. Second question, when I break to a full stop occasionally I'll hear a pumping sound, sort of like when ABS is activated but I didn't brake abruptly. Just a normal stop. If anyone can give me any insight that would be great. If this isn't normal then I'm going to bring the car back to the dealer since it's still under warranty. TIA!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Same steering problem with my car. Service department immediately deemed it dangerous to drive and would not allow it to leave the service area. Steering shaft replaced. Google 'prius steering recall'.

·
Registered
635 Posts
The second item that you discussed is the brake vacuum pump and is normal. But I agree the first thing does not sound normal at all.

·
Registered
232 Posts
yes. there is a clunking sound. my car is with the dealer now, being fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After months of torture with this noise its finally fixed. Got my car back after 2 and half weeks at the dealer. This was the third and final time I tried getting this problem fixed before I lemoned the car. Here is what the dealer found. It turned out to be something loose inside of the steering column. I know others have had this issue so heres the info. I just hope it doesnt come back.

·
Registered
232 Posts
After months of torture with this noise its finally fixed. Got my car back after 2 and half weeks at the dealer. This was the third and final time I tried getting this problem fixed before I lemoned the car. Here is what the dealer found. It turned out to be something loose inside of the steering column. I know others have had this issue so heres the info. I just hope it doesnt come back.

2.5 weeks at the dealers??? holy crap. did they provide you with a temporary car?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Took them an hour to diagnose the problem with the steering and 2 weeks for the parts and repair. They provided a fuelled up replacement car immediately for the duration. But then, considering my fully loaded CT is priced in Australia at almost US $60 000, I wouldn't of expected anything less.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts