Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I hate that Ohio requires front plates. For one, I have 2 big screw holes under the brackets. 2nd, it looks terrible.

So I thought I would paint the ugly black bracket.

Sorry the pic quality is so low. This app makes me upload only 5k files.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
We have the same problem in some provinces in Canada. For example, front plates are required in Ontario, but not Quebec.

·
Registered
609 Posts
California requires front plate. I never have front plates on any of my cars. In the last 15 years, I got 1 ticket for $12.50 while my car was parked at long term parking at LAX.

·
Registered
94 Posts
In Orange Co California, they are getting more aggresive about no front plates and tinted windows. Think "revenue generation".......... After a few encounters with the law over these issues, I mounted the plate on my CT, but I devised a way to mount the plate with out drilling any holes in the painted bumper. I should take some pics and make a post as others may benefit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish by dealer would not have drilled my holes. Please post the hole less front plate pics.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
609 Posts
In Orange Co California, they are getting more aggresive about no front plates and tinted windows. Think "revenue generation".......... After a few encounters with the law over these issues, I mounted the plate on my CT, but I devised a way to mount the plate with out drilling any holes in the painted bumper. I should take some pics and make a post as others may benefit.
Did someone actually pull you over for not having a front license plate? I work in Orange county and never got stopped for tinted windows or no front license plate. I have 35% tint on front window too. The dealers I went to don't even bother to drill the front bumpers. They just give me the front license plate and asked me to sign a waiver saying that I took delivery without them installing the front license plate holder.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did someone actually pull you over for not having a front license plate?
Yep, pulled over twice for tinted windows (I had the lightest tint available) and once for no front plate. I have also got a citation on car (not pulled over) for no plate when parked in a private property parking lot.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just posted on the General Discussion Forum on how to mount front plate without drilling holes in painted bumper...pics included

232 Posts
Once I was told by the folks in Delaware that due to low prison inmate population lic plates was in short supply, so they do not require front lic plates. I also remembered watching the news from a NJ public station, where it was reported that a fellow who had been ticketed by a a local cop for not having front lic plate, but he argued and won the case because there is no specific NJ statue requiring a front lic plate, even though we all got a front lic plate.

I agree, front lic plates are ugly; not only they are ugly, my dealer installed the front lic holder frame crooked!:mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
And if you don't mind your plate off center, you could get one of those toll hook mount and install the plate on top of one of the 2 front toll hook cover.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts