Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past few days when I start my 2015 CT200H -- after it has sat idle for a while ( over an hour ) -- I will shift into gear, either reverse or drive, and the brake pedal stays depressed and won't allow the car to move. If I wait and start and stop again it will resolve itself.

also if I very gently start the car ie. barely touch the brake pedal -- it will proceed without problem. But if I stop somewhere for a while and re-engage the brake pedal to go into gear -- it will stick.

what is this ??!!?? It's not transmission -- it shifts just fine. My mechanic/tire guy says the brakes/tires are fine. He can't do a diagnostic bc he doesn't have the tech tools.

Only happens starting and the car has been sitting for over an hour or overnight. Is there a switch that controls this or some sort of safety that is engaging?

·
Registered
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
155 Posts
Are you talking about the emergency brake pedal? Either way, it sounds like something is sticking.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you talking about the emergency brake pedal? Either way, it sounds like something is sticking.
No, not the emergency brake, I do know the difference between the brake pedal and the emergency brake.
In order to start or shift the car into gear, you have to depres the brake pedal.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
367 Posts
No, not the emergency brake, I do know the difference between the brake pedal and the emergency brake.
In order to start or shift the car into gear, you have to depres the brake pedal.
Perhaps the switch which signals that the brake is depressed is malfuntiining. Are you mechanically inclined? Download the repair manual from the engine and tch sub and give it a look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts