Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ordering a 2014 CT and am considering the bumper protector as an add-on accessory. Has anyone had it installed on CT's and do you like the looks of it? Is it installed in a way that it will stay on and not come off? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have one. I had a black rubber one on my Prius and liked it because sometimes I have had heavy items (carry on roll ons) rest on the bumper and scratch it. It worked well and since no one had the chrome one available I put a black one on my CT, even though I wanted the chrome one. When they finally became available I dental flossed the rubber one off and installed the chrome one. I have found it to be quite useful, I think it looks good (but I understand that is very subjective and personal) and since it uses the same 3M adhesive I can tell you it is definitely going to stay on and not come off. It was a bear to remove the rubber one and I was trying.

·
Registered
842 Posts
2014 CT200h: Bumper Protector - Stainless - The elegant, hard-working bumper protector helps protect against scrapes, dings and scratches. The protector features an injection-molded base designed and cut for an exact fit to the vehicle's rear bumper

That is the picture from the Sewell parts on line catalog. They keep saying Stainless, but it is really thin because it bends easily. In fact, if they don't pack it carefully, (which Sewell did) you will get it with a lump or bend in it.

If the link doesn't work, just google sewell lexus parts and then go to CT200 exterior parts and it is the first one listing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts