1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
85 Posts
Did a search and didn't see anyone post about this. I recently ordered an exhaust tip from ebay and it does a relatively good job since it is angled. Therefore it doesn't point down. It only cost me $22.00. Can't vouch for the stainless part yet because I literally just put it on, but it looks good at least.

exhaust tip ct200h | eBay

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/djspazz38/MufflerTip_zpse8057666.jpg
Not bad for $22.00....I put dual stainless tips on mine (see page 5 in photo gallery). I had a custom exhaust shop put a hole in the opposite side of the the muffler with an added pipe and welded stainless steel tips. No change in exhaust note or performance...just for appearance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not bad for $22.00....I put dual stainless tips on mine (see page 5 in photo gallery). I had a custom exhaust shop put a hole in the opposite side of the the muffler with an added pipe and welded stainless steel tips. No change in exhaust note or performance...just for appearance.
Nice! How much did that set you back? I think that's a great idea.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Why why why??? An exhaust tip or even dual tips would look horrible on the CT. If I saw that on the road I would point and laugh. If you had a aftermarket rear bumper with the tip holes built in it would look good but on the stock bumper that would look out of place.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
107 Posts
The only way dual exhaust tips would look good would ONLY be with a rear diffuser. Other wise, it will look out of place.

I like the tucked away look. It would be too much to get a diffuser with the tips, etc...but to each his own :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice! How much did that set you back? I think that's a great idea.
Total cost including tips $200

Gotten many compliments...some thought it was stock factory. Something about toxic fumes exhausting under the car that I just didn't like, and it seems to help take away that electric golf cart look...unless you're into that !

·
Registered
90 Posts
Total cost including tips $200

Gotten many compliments...some thought it was stock factory. Something about toxic fumes exhausting under the car that I just didn't like, and it seems to help take away that electric golf cart look...unless you're into that !
Gee, why buy a CT then if you don't like that "electric golf cart look".
It doesn't look one to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts