Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..i'm taking a deep breath...settling my self....Now, having had the car in for a total of 26 days in the shop and half a dozen major repairs I've now developed a footrest that partly collapses with a bit of pressure. It also squeaks for good measure when you press on it. On the bright side I can now add my own rhythmical squeak to the squeaks from the doors and dash.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Ok..i'm taking a deep breath...settling my self....Now, having had the car in for a total of 26 days in the shop and half a dozen major repairs I've now developed a footrest that partly collapses with a bit of pressure. It also squeaks for good measure when you press on it. On the bright side I can now add my own rhythmical squeak to the squeaks from the doors and dash.
Yikes, that not a great report. My CT doesn't squeak or rattle at all -- am I lucky or what? :cool:

·
Registered
391 Posts
What are the Major repairs you've had? Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Front and rear passenger side window tint redo, passenger door handle replacement, moon roof motor/gearset replacement, new steering shaft, replacement centre console button and new DVD for satnav.

My car is an early build.

At all times a replacement vehicle has been provided either CT or IS so although frustrating I have been well looked after. The latest CT I drove had substantially improved satnav graphics and features and included a digital radio. The dash also seemed much more solid although still had a vibration in the drivers door like my car.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Wow...what happened to the steering shaft?

·
Registered
82 Posts
what year is your car? ty

·
Registered
180 Posts
Same kind of silliness happened with my first Lexus (IS300). 1st 400 or so in the USA. I waited more than a year to get the CT. Even though I really needed a car, I went and got a used Yaris and drove it for a year and a half. Got rid of the IS as soon as the warranty expired. Left a bad taste in the mouth... it took 10 years before I'd even look at another Lexus. In my experience it never got better. Things kept breaking, but not the same stuff more than once (except the radio). Good luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the heads up, kind of.

The thing is that the driveway price of a top spec fully optioned CT on treasure island is uncomfortably close to 70000 US. So I'm saying its a super premium small car.

Rumour has it the with the Merc A class launching at such a low price here that a realignment of prices for the CT is imminent.

By the way, can't say I was surprised by Consumer Reports criticism of the new IS interior cabin quality and noise ride issues. It failed to achieve a recommenced status. I'm sure the midcycle upgrade will be happening vey early.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hybrid remains more expensive than gasoline engine. Ultra quiet cars have no place in sport division. I understand some like very quiet ride but Lexus with the exception of flagship, BMW, MB etc. all are not really quiet cars. It is by design. CR is not a good source to evaluate cars with exception of safety features. Having said that my CT is a quiet car but it is the tires that are noisy. Engines gets somewhat noisy too only under heavy throttle.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I recall early years when lexus brand came out all their cars were super quiet and smooth and they were heavily criticized and blamed for their numb feel. Over years Lexus rectified their sound dampening for more road noise and feel in their sports models.

·
Registered
990 Posts
By the way, can't say I was surprised by Consumer Reports criticism of the new IS interior cabin quality and noise ride issues. It failed to achieve a recommenced status. I'm sure the midcycle upgrade will be happening vey early.
Consumer reports is no longer the credible source they used to be 10 years ago. I don't trust any judgement or reviews from CS anymore. Needless to say they have never been the benchmark for automotive reviews. I trust Car and Driver and Edmonds far more. Both of which gave an entirely different perspective and review.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts