Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the black leather interior (don't know if that contributes to the problem) but my car has the most irritating squeaks. They come from behind the driver's seat, sound like little mice, when going over slightly bumpy roads, which is my entire drive down 3rd Street going from Beverly Hills to Downtown LA. It's got to be something rubbing as a result of the body moving up and down, just haven't figured out what it is.

Going to take it in to the dealer to get checked out when I have time (I'm guessing that they won't be able to reproduce the noise), but was wondering if anyone else had them, knows where they are coming from, knows how to get rid of them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had squeaks from the stitched trim along both sides of the center stack. Was noticeable when the cabin was warm to hot (i.e. out in the sun). Would creak, squeak, pop on the slightest bump. Lexus did a good job and fixed the problem the other day - they tightened some screws/clips and added more padding/felt where the plastic was in contact.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've noticed squeeks/sounds coming from the seat belt adjuster on the passenger side B pillar, especially when I have no passenger.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've noticed squeeks/sounds coming from the seat belt adjuster on the passenger side B pillar, especially when I have no passenger.
I had this as well as a rattle coming from the dash, both fixed by Lexus. However, I still sometimes get the rattle from the seat belt which is caused by the buckle sitting on the top of the seat when it has been taken off and allowed to retract, I just reach over and push the buckle down flat, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Interesting that the dealers can do something about the squeaks. I've noticed them too. Found they are more pronounced with the moon roof tilted up. When the moon roof is closed the squeaks go away.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took my ride in yesterday for its complimentary 1000 mile check up (was immediately told that I don't get one, it is at 5000. Well, if that is the case, why the hell did my Nav display tell me I get one at 1000 at Jim Falk Lexus 15X? But I digress), coolant replacement, and most importantly, the fixing of my squeaks. The service rep was able to determine that the sound was suspension related and wound up tightening the a nut or a bolt connecting the stabilizer and, voila, the squeak is gone! I've only driven one way to work on my squeakless car, but the fix makes a world of difference. Instead of feeling like driving a tarted up Toyota, it finally feels like I'm driving a Lexus.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Starting to get some rattles now as well, probably due to the car being lowered and 18" tires. I hope the winter months aren't too bad once it's colder out, as that's usually when you get more frequent rattles. :(

·
Registered
441 Posts
Let me squeak up

No worries with the CT, but on some occasions I have used a well-directed, short spray of straight silicone, wiping off all excess. I don't know if it is recommended for use on leather and trim, so you are on your own there. I've had no problems, but it has cured a few trim squeaks and creaks.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My CT is as solid as a bank vault... no squeaks at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have the same problem with the driver seat squeaking. I think it is from the lumbar support. Any can suggest me how to fix this? Thank you so much

1 - 11 of 11 Posts