Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious as to what others are seeing on the MPG drop between Sports and Normal Modes? I've driven in Sports mode couple of times and have observed a drop of 1-2 MPG (based on my driving) only.
Question is: why not drive in Sports mode all the time :) Handles so well! Only thing to watch out for is the engine over-revs easily which is a bit of a shame.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
over-revs ????

Curious as to what others are seeing on the MPG drop between Sports and Normal Modes? I've driven in Sports mode couple of times and have observed a drop of 1-2 MPG (based on my driving) only.
Question is: why not drive in Sports mode all the time :) Handles so well! Only thing to watch out for is the engine over-revs easily which is a bit of a shame.
What do you mean by engine "over-revs" ? Do you mean actual excessive RPM that could potentially damage the engine, which knowing Lexus they would impose some eletronic safety limits or just a raucous noise at higher RPM ?

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Probably referring to the raucous noise when the engine is under load @ higher RPMs in Sport Mode. Lexus is definitely the king/queen of imposing safety restrictions on everything.

I'm getting noticably less MPG in Sport mode. It's much harder to keep it in EV mode when the accelerator is so sensitive and kicks in the ICE at the slightest tap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts