Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I "ordered" my CT last week (they identified one for me) and yesterday, my dealer called and said it has been changed "Freight status" and I should have it here in a couple weeks. That got me pretty pumped. Then this morning I see pictures of new cars in a Japanese port piled on top of each other due to the tsunami's they are having:eek: If my car got on a boat, I'm probably OK, right? I'm afraid I'll be getting some bad news soon. Bad news is all relative in this situation. This is a horrific tragedy for everyone over there and I feel guilty even thinking about my car right now, but . . .
Anyway, anyone have any idea what exactly "freight status" means? Is my car still at the factory? At the docks (underwater) or on a boat? I'll probably call my salesman today . . . not that he'll have any info this soon I'm sure.

Not sure if this will work, but picture is on this page - Pic #9 (now #13) at bottom
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42023385/ns/world_news-asiapacific/?gt1=43001

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was thinking the same thing this morning watching the news. I actually thought "Will this delay the production of my car?" I felt terrible thinking that. Who cares about a stupid little car when hundreds, maybe thousands are dead and injured.

Watching CNN I was a shaking my head when the reporter said no reports of any US citizens injured. Then they show people on the West Coast waiting for the "little" waves to hit California. Sometimes we're so selfish here in the US it's sad.

Don't get me started on how we in the US feel entitled and don't take responsibility for our actions. No accountability and blame everyone else. Lawsuits for stupid things. Easy way out. Things weren't like this 30 years ago. When and how did it all change?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I heard on the news that a Toyota spokesman said all of their plants are OK. I don't know about storage yards or ports.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
First and for most, my thoughts and prayers to all those effected by todays earth quake and tsunami.

Freight means they are on the way to the local yard.

According to a Press release from Toyota, all plants are ok. Waiting to see the rest of the facilities.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, I guess I got worked up for nothing. I talked with my salesman and he assured me that my car is in the States! It will take a couple weeks to clear distribution (or whatever the term is), then find a train/truck that is heading my direction. Hope to have it soon!
Man, if you want time to slow down, order an car, sell your old one to Carmax (couldn't pass up deal), then drive your dads old Explorer around town for 3 weeks.:D Time is creeping by. At least it's NCAA Tourney Time!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just started a threat worrying about the same thing.. I'm gonna delete it..

I wish Japan a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
193 Posts
The CT is produced at the Toyota Motor Kyushu plant in the southern Fukuoka prefecture. It was not at all heavily impacted by the Tsunami or earthquake. Many of the images of Japanese vehicle marshalling yards are of a Nissan/Infiniti yard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts