Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While washing my CT today, my doors locked and unlocked several times. The strange thing is, I was not near the door handle. I thought it was because the handle was wet. So after drying the handle off, it still did it. Here is the strange part. It did it on each rear wheel well. I tied to duplicate it, but I could not.

What the hell is going on here? Any ideas? Have you seen this before.

Btw, these cars look sooooo good cleaned up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
371 Posts
Take your key fob out of your pocket and place it away from the car when you wash your CT. When you spray the door handle with water it triggers the lock/unlock electronics. It freaked me out when that first happened to me and then I figured out that the key had to be out of range so the car wouldn't lock and unlock.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Yeah, if you have your fob in your pocket, the doors will click open when you either touch the handle or spray it with water in a certain way, and then a while later, if you haven't opened the door, they will lock the doors automatically. Kind of annoying, but not that big a deal. I don't care, so I don't bother to leave the fob away from the car, but if it bothers you, unlock the doors, open one then close it and put the fob in the house if you can. Otherwise it will lock again in whatever time you have it programmed to and if you decide you need to get in the car for any reason (like to clean the inside of the windows or do the mats), you will have to go get the fob. I was reminded today as I washed all my cars in the driveway, but only had the fob for my CT in my pocket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts