Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was mentioned in someones post yesterday and I had not noticed it before.

The drivers door and passenger door panels are not symmetrical.

The passenger side door has a grab handle the drivers side does not.

Very weird design - ultimate cost saving ????

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I thought that was very weird, too. When I test drove the CT for the first time, I was like "Hey, where's my handle?"
I imagine it is designed that way because of premium options that require additional wiring, circuitry and controls on the driver side door? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
When I read your post, I thought someone physically stole something off your car...

·
Registered
131 Posts
But how would you reach the windowlevers, lock and the rear view mirror-settings in a nice way with a handle there? :D
Its ok on the passanger side since there is no steeringwheel there and the passanger can look down while managing them :)

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But how would you reach the windowlevers, lock and the rear view mirror-settings in a nice way with a handle there? :D
Its ok on the passanger side since there is no steeringwheel there and the passanger can look down while managing them :)
My Z4 has a drivers grab handle with power window controls located on the arm rest.

I just think some of the design components of the CT don't maintain the integrity of what Lexus is supposed to stand for.

I

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am actually happy that the driver side does not have that door handle... with the current hole/handle on the driver side, you can actually put things there such as your cellphone, which is very convenient IMHO.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 2010 RX 450h have a storage well like the CT, but the IS 250 does not. Yes, it's nice to be able to store your cell phone there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts