Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

First post here, but long time lurker. Today I was pulling into a corner spot in a parking lot, and accidentally scraped/scratched a part of my front. After some googling and searching around, I went ahead and already ordered the matching paint from Sewell Lexus, but when it gets here how do I proceed? Is there anything else I'll need to buy? Will I be able to make it look as good as it was before? Pictures are below. Any and all help go a long way. Thank you all.

Album here: CT - Imgur

-hpaiste

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hey there,

First post here, but long time lurker. Today I was pulling into a corner spot in a parking lot, and accidentally scraped/scratched a part of my front. After some googling and searching around, I went ahead and already ordered the matching paint from Sewell Lexus, but when it gets here how do I proceed? Is there anything else I'll need to buy? Will I be able to make it look as good as it was before? Pictures are below. Any and all help go a long way. Thank you all.

Album here: CT - Imgur

-hpaiste
Ordered the little touch-up bottles with a brush? Not likely it is going to work out well. I bent my door back on a gas station pole. $5k estimate, but found a body guy who was confident he could save the door. $850 to get everything back in place pretty much and it looks very good but there was one small spot at the front of the door that needed to be touched up. He used the touch up paint I got and did the best he could, but you can still see it if you look in that area. Maybe the size of half a dime, much smaller than your problem. I don't mind it too much and wouldn't spend the big bucks to get it perfect. Your's is really gouged though. So you would definitely need to do multiply times of sanding and filling, sanding and filling.. priming and sanding.. a few times probably. Then if you did that work to get it smooth, using the little brush provided with the touch up paint wouldn't be worth all the time you spend getting it smooth. Seems like it would need to be sprayed to look decent. I suppose you could try to buy a nice quality squarish artists brush. There is a base layer and top coat too. Difficult one.. sorry that happened! I scraped the bottom corner of my door today pretty bad on a strange angled curb to the side. Could see the white paint on the curb, so I want to touch that up soon too.. I've scraped under the front bumper probably 6 times or more, but haven't even bothered to look under there yet.. :eek: Good luck..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts