Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just stopped in at Green & Ross today - they currently have a promo on where you buy 3 tires and get the fourth free! (For ones in stock)
Well, I ended up buying my snow tires there. I was going to wait to get them from my Lexus dealer, but I phoned them and there was no way they could come even close to this deal.
So I bought a set of Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3's that were in stock in the factory size of 215/45R17. These tires are low rolling resistance and are a perfect match for the CT.
I ended up paying only $164.62/tire net (their regualr price was $219.50/tire). Too good of a deal to pass up - it ends Saturday.
Come winter I'll have my Lexus dealer install them on the factory rims.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just ordered the cars winter boots. Went of the new Nokian WRA3's which I think are a replacement for the WRG2. If the new ones are anything like the old ones they should do the job when the snow comes.

Will write a review of them when fitted and first run in virgin snow.

K

·
Registered
209 Posts
I ordered some Handcook Icebears today from my dealer who said they would change the tyres over in Autumn and Spring and store them at their garage for free!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I ordered some Handcook Icebears today from my dealer who said they would change the tyres over in Autumn and Spring and store them at their garage for free!
Nice one. The OEM tyres are pretty worn so will just ditch them when the winter tyres arrive (7 days hopefully). On previous car (Volvo XC60) timing was the same and when went into Kwik Fit for 4 x summer tyres they took the winter ones to their "tyre hotel" and it cost £40 so think you've got a good deal mate:)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Lexus Newcastle if you ever move further south :)

I was quoted £575 for the tyes too. Blackcircles.com has the Handcook Icebears at £175!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Lexus Newcastle if you ever move further south :)

I was quoted £575 for the tyes too. Blackcircles.com has the Handcook Icebears at £175!
I went with mytyres.co.uk who I've used before. £523.60 inc VAT fitted for the 4. I was tempted by the Hankook but had a set of Nokians before and thought better the devil I knew so to speak. The equivalent Continental or Michellin were just so expensive - £270 per tyre (supply only) :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts