Lexus CT200h Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
192 Posts
@TobiasSing Hahaha good to hear you won the relay battle :) The Tapturn should be LED compatible so no more hyperflash (y)
Yep, next step is to re-install the Triton V6 extreme ambers in the rear! They have so much more coverage and brightness everywhere, it's crazy. Totally worth all the cuts and bruises and soreness all over today haha.

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
61 Posts
I installed the Triton V6 Ambers. HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!! Requried a teensy weensy bit of modification but was pretty much plug and play!

·
Super Moderator
192 Posts
Did you get the extremes? What modification did you have to do? I got the extremes, but found they didn't seem to be as , well , extreme as I expected lol.

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
61 Posts
Did you get the extremes? What modification did you have to do? I got the extremes, but found they didn't seem to be as , well , extreme as I expected lol.

Yeah so I did go with the VLEDS V6 extreme Amber.
In my opinion they do pack quite a punch in terms of light output, and I am more than satisfied with how bright they are. They are rated for 1500 lumens each and they are the brightest Amber turn signals I have ever seen on the road.

I have never seen a car that has brighter turn signals than ones with these led bulbs. I’ve probably seen one model of Audi that had super bright turn signals but I can’t remember the model. I know it was one of the later model SUV’s.

I did originally order the Xtreme VF ambers that are sold at The retrofit source and Xenon Depot (same company). But they did not fit because the heat sink on the back of it was too large, and there’s not enough space on the back of our tail lights. Luckily the week prior I had installed the V-6 extreme WHITE reverse led from VLEDS. The design from VLEDS has a smaller heat sink which allows for installation on the CT. Bad design from The retrofit source/Xenon depot on their part.

With the combination of the VLEDS Turn Signals and Reverse Light, the rear of the car has been transformed a bit.

For modification. I did have to Dremel the interior of the Turn Signal bulb where is screws into the Tail light on the driver side. The passenger side went inside okay but the interior reflector housing was a bit closer to the taillight housing back and that prevented the Led bulb from going in properly. It’s kind of hard to explain without pics. But it was only minor. They did include an adapter and heatshrink material to connect to the OEM bulb socket with no modification but I cut that socket out and spliced and connected the turn signal wires direct. I plan on keeping the car forever so I’m okay with the modification.

·
Super Moderator
192 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience! When comparing the stock bulbs with the extreme LEDs, the LEDs were indeed a lot brighter. But they announced that they will be selling the bulbs with a new cap to direct the light better, so I'll see if I can get some of those. I didn't have to modify the housing, you just have to make sure to get those screws tight into the base so it fits in. I did use the grease and heat shrink tube for the base and it worked nicely. I also have the 921 extreme reverse lights in 5k, which was a pleasure to install and really brightened it up. Just doing all LEDs in the car inside and out really brings it up to date!

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
61 Posts
I'd be interested to know the performance comparison between the new led bulbs and the current generation V6 Triton. Honestly at this point the light is so bright I can't feasibly see how anything could be improved in terms of light output. The slightly cheaper version that is 750 lumens I could see benefitting from a re-design since they are only half the brightness.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts