Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
69 Posts
Install smartaccess? Isn't smartaccess the marketing name for the Lexus keyless system? Why would you need to install anything?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So maybe I don't know the wording. I have CT200 2013 that I open by touching door handle. My CT200 2018 doesn't have that functionality and I have to open it with key fob.
Is there anyway I can haver that option on my 2018 model?

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
69 Posts
it is a standard feature. Yours seems deactivated. Read the manual and follow steps to turn feature on or visit dealer for help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think it is. My 2013 has this dimple on front door handles. 2018 doesn't. And I have a friend that has a model that doesn't have it either.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
69 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
23 Posts
The CT wasn't made in 2018 for the USA, but it was in other parts of the world, and it came with a complete facelift all around. I suppose they removed this feature just for 2018, and I doubt it could be easily added back in.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
69 Posts
Yeah if it didn't come with it, it would be difficult. BUT mystified by why Lexus would remove smartaccess when it is available in all the other base models. Doesn't make sense. You should call the dealer for a definitive answer.
Like you said, the later models are just facelifts and no mechanical or electronic updrades. As far as I know, they all came with it.

·
Registered
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
23 Posts
Yeah if it didn't come with it, it would be difficult. BUT mystified by why Lexus would remove smartaccess when it is available in all the other base models. Doesn't make sense. You should call the dealer for a definitive answer.
Like you said, the later models are just facelifts and no mechanical or electronic updrades. As far as I know, they all came with it.
I'm afraid this is simply an issue those of us in USA will have no ability to help with, as we never got the 2018 model.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts