Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

New 2016 CT200h w/ Nav owner here... we just got it yesterday. I've been browsing the forums here for a few weeks before deciding on purchasing this car for my wife. I haven't been able to find anything on this, so I thought I'd ask here. As we all know, the car will unlock when you touch the driver's door handle. I have it set to unlock all doors, not just the driver's door. It will also unlock all doors when you open the rear hatch.

Here's my question: Is it supposed to work from the front passenger side as well? The handle has the same little divet as on the driver's side for locking, but touching the divet does not lock the doors, nor does touching/grabbing the handle unlock all doors. (We had a 2021 Prius as a rental a few months back, and I honestly don't remember if the Prius could lock/unlock from the passenger side or not.) My 2018 Honda Accord Sport can unlock from either the driver or front passenger door. Should the CT be able to do this? I'm only wondering because of presence of the lock divet on the front passenger door handle. If so, then ours isn't working, and I'll probably have to get it fixed. It's kind of unclear in the owner's manual if there's a setting for this, and I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Lexus CT200h Business Line Pro , 2011, Tungsten Pearl
55 Posts
Hi there and congrats with the CT!

Mine is a 2011 and I have set the doors to only unlock the driverside door when I grab the doorhandle.
When I do this on the passengers side, all doors unlock. Opening the rear hatch also unlocks all doors.

I haven't tried locking from the passengers side handle but will try that tomorrow.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes, the front passenger side door handle should perform the same as the driver side (lock/unlock all doors). Double check that your door unlock setting is set to all in the setup menu.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Mine is a 2011 and I have set the doors to only unlock the driverside door when I grab the doorhandle.
When I do this on the passengers side, all doors unlock. Opening the rear hatch also unlocks all doors.
Yup, all that works fine for me except for the passenger side thing. Grabbing the driver's door handle unlocks ALL doors because I set it up that way (previously, it unlocked just the driver's door). Passenger side is doing nothing.

I haven't tried locking from the passengers side handle but will try that tomorrow.
I'll be curious what happens when you try it. Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the front passenger side door handle should perform the same as the driver side (lock/unlock all doors). Double check that your door unlock setting is set to all in the setup menu.
There wasn't anything relating to the passenger door handle in the menus. I spoke to a local Lexus dealer, and they said it sounds like an issue with the door. I made an appointment to bring it by on Monday. I'm also going to have them program it so that the open-the-windows-from-the-key-fob trick works, since it doesn't right now. They said that was a programming thing, and from what I've been able to find, it can't be configured through the menus, only by a dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
277 Posts
Yes, that option is only customizable with the right software. You might as well have them turn off the reverse beep too while they are at it if you want. The passenger exterior door handle should operate like the driver side.

·
Registered
Lexus CT200h Business Line Pro , 2011, Tungsten Pearl
55 Posts
Ok I tested it and here's what my lock/unlock setup is:

• grab the driver's side handle > only driver's side door unlocks ( this is how I set it up in the setup menu)
  • grab passenger's side handle > all doors including hatch unlocks
  • putting my finger on the sensor/divet on driver's or passenger's side door> all door locks
  • opening the hatch > all doors unlock
  • locking the hatch with the lock button on the hatch > all doors lock

So yes, I would have them look at your passenger's side door when you are there.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2014 CT200h Premium Package
4 Posts
So a couple of weeks ago I got my car back from the body shop after they worked on the driver side after I got side swiped. When I got the car back the driver door handle did not work with the Auto Unlock when I touched it, took it back, they advised me they forgot to reconnect a wire to it that enables it to work…. This may be your issue….

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello!

New 2016 CT200h w/ Nav owner here... we just got it yesterday. I've been browsing the forums here for a few weeks before deciding on purchasing this car for my wife. I haven't been able to find anything on this, so I thought I'd ask here. As we all know, the car will unlock when you touch the driver's door handle. I have it set to unlock all doors, not just the driver's door. It will also unlock all doors when you open the rear hatch.

Here's my question: Is it supposed to work from the front passenger side as well? The handle has the same little divet as on the driver's side for locking, but touching the divet does not lock the doors, nor does touching/grabbing the handle unlock all doors. (We had a 2021 Prius as a rental a few months back, and I honestly don't remember if the Prius could lock/unlock from the passenger side or not.) My 2018 Honda Accord Sport can unlock from either the driver or front passenger door. Should the CT be able to do this? I'm only wondering because of presence of the lock divet on the front passenger door handle. If so, then ours isn't working, and I'll probably have to get it fixed. It's kind of unclear in the owner's manual if there's a setting for this, and I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks!
Go to the setting in the car's system, and look for changes. It's in there I bet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Go to the setting in the car's system, and look for changes. It's in there I bet.
I went all through the settings, and there was nothing in there relating to the passenger door. However...

So a couple of weeks ago I got my car back from the body shop after they worked on the driver side after I got side swiped. When I got the car back the driver door handle did not work with the Auto Unlock when I touched it, took it back, they advised me they forgot to reconnect a wire to it that enables it to work…. This may be your issue….
That ended up being my problem, on the passenger side. Sorry I forgot to update the thread, but I took the car to the dealer earlier this week. They scanned it, found codes relating to the passenger door, took off the inside panel, and found that the harness was disconnected. They said it probably had body work done, and that whoever did the work forgot to reconnect the harness. It's working now!

·
Registered
9 Posts

Hope this helps!
Should unlock if you have the keyfob with you - won't if not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts