Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did anyone try to connect through the car's bluetooth to using Skype? I dont seem to be able to hear anything when i'm trying to reach someone with Skype when it is connected to phone and multimedia through bluetooth on my car :confused: anyone know a solution to this problem? :D

·
Registered
990 Posts
did anyone try to connect through the car's bluetooth to using Skype? I dont seem to be able to hear anything when i'm trying to reach someone with Skype when it is connected to phone and multimedia through bluetooth on my car :confused: anyone know a solution to this problem? :D
Wow....Skype il while driving? Now that's just going too far and I've heard of some crazy things.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
58 Posts
Why is this any worse than hands free phone calls? (Not arguing that hands free calling is safe, but this is no different if one is using it only for taking... if your doing two way video or chatting, that's another story.)

If your phone will route all audio through the Bluetooth connection, it should work fine. But the phone needs to support that. Many do not. So check your settings either centered around Bluetooth or audio and see if there are any options to try related to this.

·
Registered
383 Posts
can someone say "distracted driving"...

·
Registered
842 Posts
Why is this any worse than hands free phone calls? (Not arguing that hands free calling is safe, but this is no different if one is using it only for taking... if your doing two way video or chatting, that's another story.)

If your phone will route all audio through the Bluetooth connection, it should work fine. But the phone needs to support that. Many do not. So check your settings either centered around Bluetooth or audio and see if there are any options to try related to this.

You don't think that hands free with a picture might not be a whole lot more distracting than just a voice? Tempted to look at the talker? I can assure you that if a skype call is logged on at about the time of an accident it will become the focal point of the argument at the time of assessing liability.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I am pretty sure OP means Skype on voice only not video. I tried it last year when I first got my car. Skype was using bluetooth audio out fine, so I could hear the other person. But I think the CT does not have bluetooth audio mic and Skype app was not using the bluetooth voice mic, so the other person cannot hear me at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have use skype in the ct200h for quite sometime now, I am using a Windows Phone, from version 7.8 to the latest Nokia Black, works great, and read my SMS and messages from the CT200..... if you have one, you should konw what i mean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts