Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
say you want to park for an hour or so and run the a/c or heat plus the radio. what would you do? leave the car in ready mode and press the P button or turn car off and turn the acc on.

i was reading on a prius site that you can leave the car on and let the engine turn on and off as needed to charge the battery.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Definitely leave car on and in park. Engine cycles on and off. Battery powers everything until charge required.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I don't think the ac works in accessory mode. At least that's what I've noticed.

The heat from the engine is used to heat the cabin, so maybe the same goes for the heater as it does the ac.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had this very experiment the other day. Had to wait somewhere for about 30 mins in the car. Turned it off, opened all the windows/sunroof and then realized it was too hot outside to do that. Turned on Accessory mode, closed all the windows and then turned on the A/C. It seemed like it was half working, blowing semi-cool air at best. It was not until I turned on the car again and let it cycle on-and off that the A/C really went back into working mode. I guess that in Accessory mode, it conserves power by not running the A/C at full or something... kind of like Eco mode...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts