Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Low SiriusXM audio volume level

Finally got my SiriusXM fired up, but seems to be having a sound level issue. The general sound level of the Sat. radio is at least a full turn and a half LOWER than all the other radio functions.

Haven't noticed any settings in the set-up menu's so I thought I would throw the subject out there to see if anyone else has had the same issue. Sucks having to turn down the volume when switching from Sat to the other audio options.

Could be a dealer issue, but any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you

·
Registered
41 Posts
I remember I had to turn it past 20 on my USB or BT in order for me to get to a good listening level, on XM u can hear it good at 20 and FM radio,that was before my amp install. I have a 900/5 watt amp so it's pretty loud overall now :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember I had to turn it past 20 on my USB or BT in order for me to get to a good listening level, on XM u can hear it good at 20 and FM radio,that was before my amp install. I have a 900/5 watt amp so it's pretty loud overall now :)
Did your new amp solve the issue and all your audio is at the same level?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Finally got my SiriusXM fired up, but seems to be having a sound level issue. The general sound level of the Sat. radio is at least a full turn and a half LOWER than all the other radio functions.

Haven't noticed any settings in the set-up menu's so I thought I would throw the subject out there to see if anyone else has had the same issue. Sucks having to turn down the volume when switching from Sat to the other audio options.

Could be a dealer issue, but any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you
I believe that's normal. Mine did the same thing.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have to put the volume up to the mid 30's to 40 for the XM. Then I have to be very careful to lower the volume if I switch to an FM station or I get blown out. it may be the way the the satellite frequency is handled by car radio. I have had this issue form the beginning on my 2011 CT 200h, premium, navigation version.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My XM volume is also significantly lower than the rest of the inputs. I hadn't used anything but XM for the first few weeks driving the car and thought the stereo was awful. But then I tried USB and BT and it sounds adequate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts