Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to gauge if there is any interest in a silicon air intake tube. I looked and I have only been able to find one on the market right now for $300, and for what it is that is to much in my opinion. So I think I have figured out how to make one that will work. It probably wont increase fuel economy or power but will add some more sound from the engine and smooth out air flow. I personally like to hear the motor but to each is own and I also like to tinker and cant leave anything alone. So again just seeing if there are any other people out there that may be interested in something like this. Please feel free to add any comments, questions, concerns, ideas.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just ordered all the parts I will need to make on. Once its on I will post some pictures and start gathering data.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got all the parts in and pieced it together and installed it. There is a little more sound coming from the engine bay but no real difference in power that I can tell. Looks really good to me.

Before
Intake 2.jpg

Intake 1.jpg

After
Intake 3.jpg

Intake 4.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im definitely interested in the parts for the intake tube. Ive been doing work with the airbox, seeing modest results, I think this would compliment it somewhat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts