Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a car on order which I hope is really ordered. I am getting the Nuluxe because I like the caramel color and don't care whether it's leather or not. Now, a dealer has the same exterior color I want, Pearl White, with black leather and some more options...it has the LED lights I want and Prem Stereo, NAV, covenience group, light up door sills and the car stickers at $38, 770. He also charges a $600 dealer fee in addition to not taking a penny off the sticker price. My ordered car has NO dealer fee, stickers at about 37,500 and I'm probably buying for around $36,400...with NO dealer fee but it is a long wait to have it built...assuming it really is ordered (dealer says it is). The dealer who has the more expensive car in stock says grab it while you can because they are getting harder to get...I don't turn my lease in until 3rd week in June...I have time to wait for my car to be built and besides I gave a small deposit to that dealer (don't mind because I can get the deposit back 100%). I am thinking...wait for the car to be built (the one I want with LED's and Nuluxe) and if by late May, there isn't any info, then start shopping and just pay list at that time if I have to...besides, by then, the cars have been out awhile and they may be discounting them a little bit. The dealer who said buy his now was painting a picture that he says is typical where a dealer will give you a great price or tell you he can order you a car and take a deposit (to take you out of the market for shopping for a car somewher else) and make empty promises that he can't deliver...Any thoughts on this???