Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a 2017 ct with about 62,000 miles on it.

Yesterday when I was driving I felt some heat coming down near the pedals so I stopped let it cool off and that went away but then I felt the heat near the steering wheel as I was driving.

Brought in for a diagnostics but was curious if anyone new anything about this. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
431 Posts
I know nothing about cars...lol is that something I can fix?
Ah, what I mean is on the center area of the dash, you have your air conditioning controls and fan speeds. If it's set to auto settings, it will do its best to maintain the temperature you set. Now that it's getting colder, the car will put out heat at the floor vents until the inside temperature is enough, and then it will not put out much heat down there. It will direct more into the front/face vents. So, it sounds like you experienced the heat coming from the floor vents near the pedals and by the time you did the experiment, it was warm enough inside so that the air came out in the front near the steering wheel.

As long as there is no light on the dash showing that the water temperature is too high, I would not be concerned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts