Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my sharkfin antenna just now. Got it from CT 200h Chat forums, but if you want it factory direct, the company is Visual Garage in British Columbia, Canada. Turnaround time for painting and color matching is 2-3 weeks.

Also had the car tinted, 17% in back, 35% in front by California Tint in Rosemead, CA yesterday.

Cleaned out my car, Guy from VIP Auto Salon should be picking it up tomorrow so that they can use it as a guinea pig for the next two weeks. I'm nervous. Apexi will be using it to get measurements for their springs and coilovers, so hopefully the data will help speed development up. Vorsteiner will be using the car to help fabricate a kip kit or whatnot. Never given up my car for that long. Looks like I'll be back on the Metro to get to work and back!

Before: Stubby antenna:

After: Sharkfin antenna:

Install process:

I'm gonna miss my baby...

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Didn't notice any changes in reception on AM/FM/SAT or eDestination. Dunno if there are any effects on GPS yet.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Looks great Matt!

I ordered mine as well last week.

Funny thing is that I was in communications with Visual Garage in March about the sharkfin. Being in Canada, I didn't want any issues about having to pay duties and extra shipping if it shipped from the US (CT200h Chat Forum). VG said that the pics weren't on the site yet but quoted me a price that was the same as CT200hCF. Being weary about buying something without seeing it, I decided to buy it from CT200hCF. At least I have seen their pics. In placing my order with them, they mentioned that they actually were shipped from VG, so not to worry about having to pay duty. I also saved on paying the 5% GST.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Matt just noticed gas filler cap

Friendly advice - lose the sticker

looks like a soccer mom's ride !!!!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
The tint looks great. Wish we could get it that dark here.:(

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Matt just noticed gas filler cap

Friendly advice - lose the sticker

looks like a soccer mom's ride !!!!!!
Good eye. What does it say, "OMG MPG"? I remember seeing those on the CT in the showroom.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOLz. Alright alright. I'll put them on the RX450h. Geez. Tough crowd.

I've been trying to look for the OMG MPG magnets that were used in this product's marketing campaign. I should have taken one when I had the chance. LOL.

I have two magnets from Nurse week: one says nurses save lives and the other one says thank a nurse. LOL.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's nursing related from National Nurse Week. Nurses save lives.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ah "Nurse Pride"!

I hate any kind of stickers on the car. I took off the dealer sticker a week after I took posession.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I tossed the dealer plate frames the moment I got home :D
They ain't paying us to advertise for them
I don't know what frame to replace it with. Black? White? Silver? Chains? Purple Fluorescent lights? No frame at all?

My car is Starfire Pearl.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't know what frame to replace it with. Black? White? Silver? Chains? Purple Fluorescent lights? No frame at all?

My car is Starfire Pearl.
I just went with a cheap chrome with a Lexus logo...seems to match all colors. Hope they last, though. I have this feeling they'll rust in a year.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had a plastic non-branded one in my trunk when I picked up the car, but it was for a European/Asian style plates - narrower/longer than the North American version.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wishing it the best while at VIP - hopefully there will be some products made available b/c of your willingness to part with it for a while. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HAHAAH. I sure as hell hope so! Car will be gone for at least 2 weeks for lip kip fabrication w/ Vorsteiner and possibly Seibon later.

R&D will commence w/ Apexi. Possibly Tanabe in the future, depending on timeline.

PTS wants to do R&D for exhaust work, I may surrender the car to them, but dunno if I'll change out my exhaust; depends on how it eventually looks like.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts