Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw the first pics of a new SharkFin Antenna for the CT at CT200h Chat. I have to say its pretty darn sharp! I guess we should be able to order soon! Can't wait!

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
damn that looks good! i'm stoked! can't wait! I hope it's an easy install!

·
Registered
11 Posts
That looks MUCH better. Now for all the other colors.

I hope to get one when my CT arrives - due date unknown! :confused:
I also hope it is not too difficult to install, I am not very mechanical....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts

Hi Matt,
Just noticed your CT description in your sig block. I have ordered the same specs with the Black interior. What color is your interior?
Thanks, John

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Black leather interior.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The CT 200h Chat administrator posted the following on his website yesterday. It's his last line that will have me reaching for my wallet when one becomes available in Tungsten Pearl. (I lifted the photo below from the CT200h Chat website. I don't think the Chat administrator or ours will mind.)

The Shark Fin is finally here! Painted Smokey Granite and beautiful!

Tested fit is perfect. Doesn't touch any of the base. AM/FM/SAT all work perfectly.

Stay tuned for better pics (in the sun outside) and ordering information! You can get one very soon! Extremely easy to install too!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Definitely ordering one when it is available.

·
Registered
410 Posts
BILL: LOL... AMEN!! I live for these words.... "Extremely easy to install"
ha-ha

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's here! Just ordered one! Can't wait..although they custom make them so it takes about a couple weeks to get.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's here! Just ordered one! Can't wait..although they custom make them so it takes about a couple weeks to get.
Ditto. Just blew another $80 ($68 + $12 shipping) on something for my CT that I didn't need — but had to have! Almost wish I could find a cure for this illness, but I justified the purchase by thinking that if the Mayan Calendar is right and the world does come to an end on Dec. 21, 2012, my last thought may be, "Why didn't I buy that damn Shark Fin for my CT while I had the chance?"

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
if the Mayan Calendar is right and the world does come to an end on Dec. 21, 2012, my last thought may be, "Why didn't I buy that damn Shark Fin for my CT while I had the chance?"
Or the world floods like in 2012 movie and they have a giant ferry that takes cars and their owners but you would be turned down with your CT because it didn't have a sharkfin.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The CT 200h Chat administrator posted the following on his website yesterday. It's his last line that will have me reaching for my wallet when one becomes available in Tungsten Pearl. (I lifted the photo below from the CT200h Chat website. I don't think the Chat administrator or ours will mind.)

The Shark Fin is finally here! Painted Smokey Granite and beautiful!

Tested fit is perfect. Doesn't touch any of the base. AM/FM/SAT all work perfectly.

Stay tuned for better pics (in the sun outside) and ordering information! You can get one very soon! Extremely easy to install too!
I would be interested in knowing how the shark fin performs for satellite radio. My CT with the stock antenna gets poorer reception than my other cars do. Not sure if its the radio, the antenna, the fact the car is low to the ground, or something else.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I would consider this if the sharkfin was smaller like the IS or LS fins. This is just too bulky for my likings and reminds me of BMW. All other luxury manufacturers have gone with smaller slicker looking sharkfins. I wonder if a second variant for CT will become available down the line :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ditto. Just blew another $68 on something for my CT that I didn't need — but had to have! Almost wish I could find a cure for this illness, but I justified the purchase by thinking that if the Mayan Calendar is right and the world does come to an end on Dec. 21, 2012, my last thought may be, "Why didn't I buy that damn Shark Fin for my CT while I had the chance?"
LOL... me too, actually I was the first order.

All these earthquakes are starting to make me think the Mayan's and the 2 other ancient calendars were on to something
:eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would be interested in knowing how the shark fin performs for satellite radio. My CT with the stock antenna gets poorer reception than my other cars do. Not sure if its the radio, the antenna, the fact the car is low to the ground, or something else.
It is not suppose to interfere at all. I did read where the shark fin is not suppose to touch the base antenna that is on there now. It tested fine and doesn't touch the base according to the testers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Order #3 LOL. $80 shipped to Canada.

·
Registered
283 Posts
:) Woo Hoo, mine came in today. That's the good news, the bad is rain forecast everyday the rest of the week :(. Looks like it will be awhile before I can install.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was given the wrong tracking number... Oh well, awaiting correspondence from the seller.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts