1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
246 Posts
let us know it goes. i cannot install one right now since it's freezing here, but i may get one in the summer if it works well

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
let us know it goes. i cannot install one right now since it's freezing here, but i may get one in the summer if it works well
In CA, the sharks are active in the summer though.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I'm assuming it installs over the original base (like the BeatSonic).

Good price, never ordered from aliexpress though. Definitely update when it arrives (specifically wondering how long it takes to arrive)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it's like the BeatSonic, installed over the OEM base. The shark fin will have some copper wire radio antenna to be wired & bolted to the OEM's stud bolt by removing the antenna stick.

FYI, Aliexpress is part of Alibaba which is a $220 billion co., larger than Amazon, ebay or facebook but smaller than Google or Apple.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Oh I know Aliexpress is massive... any idea on the turnaround for delivery would be?
I also wish they could color match to mine... seems like they're a bit limited on colors.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh I know Aliexpress is massive... any idea on the turnaround for delivery would be?
I also wish they could color match to mine... seems like they're a bit limited on colors.
Well, you need to talk to them about color matching by providing them the color & Code #. That's what I did and I haven't received mine yet. The delivery time could take from 1.5 weeks to 3 weeks, depending on the vendor. However, if you need it in a hurry, get it from U.S. vendor for $80 to $120 a piece. I am in no hurry for this retrofit.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Yeah, it's not something I'd be in a hurry for. I guess I could reach out.
What color is yours? I have a Nebula Gray.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In Asia , it may be called "Mercury Gray Mica". In US, it's Nebula Gray Pearl. The color code is the same: 1H9. Google it and send them some pictures.

That's what I ordered. I will see what I am getting soon.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Received the antenna today but the opening is too small for the CT and the color is too light. I am requesting replacement or refund.

·
Registered
246 Posts
ouch, thats unfortunate. guess it doesnt fit specifically for the CT

so does that mean most retrofit shark fin antenna will not work on the CT?

and out or curiosity, i also wonder if the CT will have any issues if we simply unscrew the stock antenna off and leave it without a antenna sticking out...

·
Registered
990 Posts
ouch, thats unfortunate. guess it doesnt fit specifically for the CT

so does that mean most retrofit shark fin antenna will not work on the CT?

and out or curiosity, i also wonder if the CT will have any issues if we simply unscrew the stock antenna off and leave it without a antenna sticking out...
I have an eBay shark fin antenna on my car that I've had on it for 2 years. I paid $70 for it shipped. Perfect fit and color match. I opted for eBay over beatsonic as their antenna looks odd. The eBay one looks like an OEM shark fin.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The base of the CT is 2.5" x 6" which is massive so I need to find a bigger FIN. I know Ebay has a Taiwanese fin that's about $70 to $80.

·
Registered
246 Posts
i must say though, $60-70 for a shark fin antenna is a bit too steep in terms of price.....just like the overpriced OEM cell phone holder

·
Registered
15 Posts
I noticed that they only have paint code 070 which is not starfire pearl which is 077. I emailed them and they said they don't do 077. So does the 070 match enough that is not noticeable? Thanks.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I noticed that they only have paint code 070 which is not starfire pearl which is 077. I emailed them and they said they don't do 077. So does the 070 match enough that is not noticeable? Thanks.
I'd have to go check what I ordered. It was 2 years ago but they asked for my paint code and they definitely matched it. What is 070? Mine is 100% starfire pearl.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 24 Posts