Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else kind of find the site misleading? when i first ordered stuff on the site, it states shipping within 24-48 hours. then after you order, basically you get a "backordered" status and they don't answer emails and they don't have a phone number listed to call for inquiries. basically pretty quick to "process" your order but no afterservice. :confused:

has anyone been getting email responses from these guys? their prices are great, but i don't know if i'll continue to use them in the future. anyone else feeling the same way?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
you need to read the full item description which identifies availability.
24 - 48 hours shipping assumes availability.

The F - sport wheels i ordered are quoted as shipping June 1 (optimistic)

However I don't agree with the fact they charged my Amex card already!

·
Registered
17 Posts

Just understand the "Mail Order Rule", and you'll be fine.

Mail-order regulation

The Federal Trade Commission, the government agency that regulates interstate commerce and oversees consumer protection laws, requires mail-order companies to ship merchandise by the date promised, or within 30 days if none is specified. (That's 30 days after it receives payment, not just the order.)

If the company can't meet that deadline, the FTC's Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule requires the company to "offer to the buyer, clearly and conspicuously and without prior demand, an option either to consent to a delay in shipping or to cancel the buyer's order and receive a prompt refund."
In other words, mail-order companies aren't allowed to string their customers along for months at a time. If they can't ship on time, they have to offer a refund.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ thanks for that info phoenixinx. i don't really have a problem with their 'estimated' ship date, but as far as being able to reach them or get a response from them, 3 days with still no response is kind of ridiculous (and it's not like i'm hounding them by bombarding them with emails--i've only sent one).

i'm not trying to discredit sewell parts, but i'm just trying to see if anyone else is getting the same kind of 'service' or lack thereof.

·
Registered
410 Posts

Audi: Yes, that is exactly why I didn't pre-order the wheels. I thought my credit card would basically guarantee me a set when they came in. However, I didn't want my card charged 2-3 months in advance. I even asked Sewell about that. He basically said "I should wait until the wheels show "in stock" if I was concerned about my card being charged." :eek:

Cenix: Darrell @ the Sewell parts customer service email address answered several of my emails. (about 3-4) I get the impression he handles all the internet stuff. So he's probably getting lots of emails from all of us anxious new CT owners. hehe I'm glad I started a month ago ordering their stuff. ;-)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Every time I buy a new car or motorcycle I join a discussion forum like this one, and there always seems to be a preferred vendor who provides parts at a discount well below dealer's price. Sewell appears to have become the vendor of choice for this forum.

After I bought my Tungsten Pearl with tan interior CT a few weeks ago and had a look at the available accessories, I decided I wanted to dress up the dash a little with the bamboo trim, but I took a step back when my dealer wanted $200 for the piece. Toss in $20 more for tax and I'd be looking at $220 out the door.

When I read in another thread last week that Sewell offers hefty discounts for readers of this forum, I registered with them, then sent them an e-mail inquiring about the bamboo trim. They replied with this:

~ ~ ~

Bill – I see you’ve already registered as a CL member on our site – good. Go here: <http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accessories-catalog/viewall/CT200h-2011/4577.html>. Just make sure you’re logged into the site to view the preferred CL pricing.

~ ~ ~

When I clicked on that link it brought up the page for the three types of dash trim, and when I clicked on the button for the bamboo piece, it showed the same price my dealer wanted ($200). But when I logged in, the price instantly changed to $151.25. Add the $9.95 Sewell is charging for UPS delivery and my total comes to $161 and change, a savings of $59 from what I would have to pay to get the bamboo trim through my dealer. Not at all shabby! Thanks, Sewell.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks bilmat. I checked it out and indeed have the discounts applied on the burl ash wood trim and the exterior moulding that interest me. Between the two, about 130$ saved! I'll be ordering soon...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yes Bill.. the Sewell discount is quite significant. I was very surprised by the discounts members are receiving. ;-)

So you have the caramel interior, not Ecru? I would love to see a pic of your Tungsten Pearl with caramel interior.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes Bill.. the Sewell discount is quite significant. I was very surprised by the discounts members are receiving. ;-)

So you have the caramel interior, not Ecru? I would love to see a pic of your Tungsten Pearl with caramel interior.

My bad! I used the word "tan" in my description because I couldn't think of "Ecru," a word I had never used before in my life. I have owned mostly silver cars with black interiors for the past 25 years, but chose a Starfire Pearl with "Parchment" (read tan) interior when I bought an ES350 last year. That's the same color combo I would have preferred with the CT, but the dealer that sold me the ES had only one CT in stock. It was a Tungsten Pearl with the Ecru Nuluxe interior premium model with only a handful of add-ons, which was exactly what I was looking for. That color scheme was my second choice.

After I had test driven the car (remember, it was the only CT in stock) and was talking with the same salesman who sold me the ES last year, he said I qualified for a $1K "loyalty discount" off the MSRP. He then checked to see what was due in over the next few weeks. Of the six CTs due to arrive, one was Starfire Pearl and one was Tungsten Pearl, but both were the fully-loaded $38K models, neither of which I was interested in.

My salesman and I were in the showroom talking when I saw a couple who had test driven the CT after I had get out of the car with big smiles on their faces and start to walk to a showroom office with their salesman, I told my guy to hurry and put a "Sold" sign on it. The rest is history.

I wasn't looking for a high-end CT with Nav and all the other goodies that would run the tab to over $40K out the door as the car will be used only for running around town and short trips. For anything longer, my fully-loaded ES will be the car of choice. Besides, my Garmin Nuvi fits perfectly in the iPod holder that came with the CT should I get lost in town and need help finding my home.

So far I'm very happy with the CT. In the Power Mode it feels like a poor man's sports car for those rare occasions when I want to feel like a teen-age hot rodder again. When I want to impress the Al Gores of the world I drive in the Eco or Normal mode and plod along.

The high mileage and a cruising range of roughly 500 miles between fill-ups was one of the main factors that made me decide to take the plunge. I recall all too painfully the long gas lines of the '70s, and with what's happening in the Middle East, we may very well see them again.

With my failure to use the word "Ecru" in the description you probably no longer want to see what Tungsten Pearl with Ecru looks like, but here are a couple of shots of the CT sitting in the rain in my driveway anyway...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Bill: You are sooo funny. LOL.. So ecru has never been one of the colors in your rainbow.... until now. Right? The color "beige" is soooo yesterday and the color "ecru" is sooo tomorrow!! LOL

Actually, your combo is really the colors I wanted to see because we are getting this came combo for my hubby on Thurs. I was curious what the caramel looked like with silver if you had that one. Thanks a lot for sharing... That gives me a pretty good idea.

Oh and guess what? We qualify for the $1000 loyalty also from me getting my CT 2 weeks ago. Woo Hoo! I am so glad I thought of that!! hehe My husband gets the benefit. ;-)

Yes, you are definitely a little hot rodder again in the CT. I don't care what anybody says... I think the CT is a VERY cool & zippy little car. :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Cenix,

I had exactly the same experience you have just 3 days back. Registered for the site and availability was listed as 'In Stock' so pulled te trigger and ordered the cargo tray - on Tues afternoon, Singapore time (+8hrs GMT).

Go through the usual and receive the invoice. Check the next day and under my account the status is listed as 'Back Order' which is when I get mildly concerned. Contemplate emailing them to clarify but just decide to leave it be.

Then finally yesterday (Saturday morning) - 3 days later, get another email from them saying it's been shipped. Breathe a sigh of relief and am now just waiting for delivery to my local postal forwarder.

All in all still a positive experience with them I'd say. Maybe it's just a system thing where it auto defaults to 'Back Order' status prior to fulfillment? No denying the discount they provide though.:)

anyone else kind of find the site misleading? when i first ordered stuff on the site, it states shipping within 24-48 hours. then after you order, basically you get a "backordered" status and they don't answer emails and they don't have a phone number listed to call for inquiries. basically pretty quick to "process" your order but no afterservice. :confused:

has anyone been getting email responses from these guys? their prices are great, but i don't know if i'll continue to use them in the future. anyone else feeling the same way?

·
Registered
20 Posts

They do have some pretty good discounts. I have even noticed CT200hChat is a little bit better for members.

·
Registered
5 Posts
They do have some pretty good discounts. I have even noticed CT200hChat is a little bit better for members.
I have noticed CT200hChat is actually a bit cheaper too. I ordered a couple things from them a few days ago.

I can't wait to see the sharkfin for it, and I hope it works. They are testing it out now.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have noticed CT200hChat is actually a bit cheaper too. I ordered a couple things from them a few days ago.

I can't wait to see the sharkfin for it, and I hope it works. They are testing it out now.
Just visited CT200hChat for the first time and you are correct about their pricing. I have the Bamboo Dash Trim on order from Sewell and paid $151. CT200hChat wants $144 for the same piece. Then again, Sewell is charging $9.95 for shipping whereas CT200hChat wants $15, so the difference is only $2.

Also read about the shark fin antenna while I was on the site. Hope it comes to be and works as well as the factory antenna. It's not a big deal unscrewing and removing the mast when I run my CT through a car wash, but I would prefer the looks of a shark fin over what's on the car now.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
update: so i send in another email and finally get a pretty crude response. i waited 9 days and he finally tells me that my last email was received and that i am updated through my account page. but, my account page didn't have the answer to my question, thus my email inquiry. how am i to know what the answer to my question is without an answer? :confused: i didn't know i was suddenly clairvoyant.

i'm not on a crusade against sewell parts; in fact, their prices are pretty awesome and i may order from them again depending on the part. i'm just stating my experience and i'm not really happy with their practices.

i'm currently working/talking with another seller for parts and they are able to get lexus jdm parts, too, so i hope it works out. if/when i get my jdm goodies i will post pics. :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
update: so i send in another email and finally get a pretty crude response. i waited 9 days and he finally tells me that my last email was received and that i am updated through my account page. but, my account page didn't have the answer to my question, thus my email inquiry. how am i to know what the answer to my question is without an answer? :confused: i didn't know i was suddenly clairvoyant.

i'm not on a crusade against sewell parts; in fact, their prices are pretty awesome and i may order from them again depending on the part. i'm just stating my experience and i'm not really happy with their practices.

i'm currently working/talking with another seller for parts and they are able to get lexus jdm parts, too, so i hope it works out. if/when i get my jdm goodies i will post pics. :cool:
That is why I started going over to CT200h Chat. Extremely nice people in the emails I got after asking a couple of questions. They always seems to respond extremely quick. I have on order with them the illuminated door sills and the side moulding that is due out in June.

·
Registered
410 Posts
ctcali: I agree, the guy at CT200 CHAT was very nice and very responsive. Great customer service. Too bad I have already ordered everything from Sewell.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So these parts in the CT200h Chat Shop are the same parts that you see on the Lexus website, but for less? For example, on the Lexus website the illuminated door sills are $235, but on the CT200h Chat Shop they're $175.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts