Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just had my CT in for her 10K mile service which in the UK is just an oil and filter change. This was my first experience of the Lexus after sales service and I was not disapointed.

The dealer, Lexus Glasgow, advised it would take approx 2 hours to complete. I let them know when booking the car in I really needed the car back within 3 hours as had a flight to catch. The dealer gave me a nice RX450H as a courtesy car and the interim service was done within 2 hours and they called half way through to advise it would be ready on time as they appreciated I had plans. When I picked up the car it was washed, hoovered, alloys cleaned (even the bits you can never reach) and the tyres were dressed too. All in all it was a very good experience and have to say much better than Audi which I had previously. It's no wonder Lexus are top of the J D Power Survey for customer satisfaction.

I'm looking forward to the 20K mile service already.

Incidentally the RX450H has the same interior layout and Nav/display which was nice. Big difference was the energy monitor though which has two traction motors on the display, one at the front and one at the rear and a bigger engine/battery symbol - it went like stink too and good fun to drive :)

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Lexus Service > Audi Service. Fact :) Glad your first experience was good. Its what many have come to expect from Lexus and yes why its top in Customer satisfaction. Not sure how dealers do in Europe, but the North American dealers allow you to bring your car in any time for a free car wash on weekends.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
What is the service interval with synthetic oil ?

Does Lexus up the service interval from 5,000 to 10,000 miles if you use synthetic oil ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
With the CT, oil changes are every 10k miles compared to other Lexus models bc it is a hybrid. my Is250 was every 5000 miles. Both using synthetic oil.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Does Lexus up the service interval from 5,000 to 10,000 miles if you use synthetic oil ?
If I'm not mistaken, synthetic oil is a requirement in the CT and not an option. Service intervals are 5K in the CT, but as jonacrombie mentioned, the oil is changed every 10K. The 5k intervals in between are just "check ups" I believe, may even include rotating the tires. The CT can go the 10K miles vs. the 5K miles in the IS because the gasoline engine isn't running the whole time and when it is, it's running with less load at times due to the battery assist.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, synthetic oil is a requirement in the CT and not an option. Service intervals are 5K in the CT, but as jonacrombie mentioned, the oil is changed every 10K. The 5k intervals in between are just "check ups" I believe, may even include rotating the tires. The CT can go the 10K miles vs. the 5K miles in the IS because the gasoline engine isn't running the whole time and when it is, it's running with less load at times due to the battery assist.
Yes, the car should be running synthetic 0-20W oil.

The services are basically just what you said. The 5K's are check ups and include a tire rotation. 10K's are when the oil changes occur.

Here is the service guide...
http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/document/omms/L-MMS-11CT200H/pdf/MY11 Lexus CT 200h WSG_lr.pdf

1 - 7 of 7 Posts