Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks in OZ I have just had my 30,000 service and it cost me $553 plus $89 for a wheel alignment at Sydney City Lexus, I just wonder if anyone has a comparison, am I being hard done by ??

·
Registered
383 Posts
nothing else???
That seems pretty high to me. I know many vehicles that have a 30,000 or 36,000 service the service cost is pretty high but they do more then just change your oil and brake fluid.

·
Registered
842 Posts
That is why you need to ask first. Then see what a local mechanic will charge and keep your receipts. My wife had her GS350 done at a local mechanic for less than $100 labor, but I don't think it had everything that you did. Seems high, but that is why I only take warranty work to my Lexus dealer. I think lots of people are moving on from the dealer. I wonder if Lexus is the slightest bit sensitive to the fact that most people are annoyed at being nickel and dimed by their dealers. It would seem to me that it is in their best interest to have me hanging around the dealer for a couple of hours every few months to be dazzled by the new models rather than walking around an industrial area trying to keep my feet clean from grease and oil while my car is being serviced at a place I found on the click and clack website. I have been very pleased with the mechanics I found on there and my secretary used another one recently and was also pleased.

I buy my oil at WalMart and take it with me.

·
Registered
352 Posts
A typical 30k service should also include air filter and cabin air filter change, general inspection like all the lights working properly and brake inspection. They should've had a detailed checklist included in the invoice. But these all things that are easily done if you are willing to learn and get your hands a little dirty. I'm not a mechanic by any means, I also have a 20 year old Volvo with 210k miles that I've maintained with DIY videos from youtube and on a website similar to this except for Volvo's. Ask questions here and folks will be very willing to help.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I have got a 30K mile service coming up soon and they told me it would be around $650 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Holy crap. I got a good deal when I bought my Lexus then. I bought it with 24K miles certified pre-owned, and the dealer did the 30K maintance for me before I took possession of it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
If you don't want to pay for Lexus' service and you don't want to do it yourself, you could take it to a Toyota service center. Most Toyota service center could service the CT.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello fellow Ozzy and Sydney sider. I paid $632.40 at Parramatta Lexus for the same service. Service in the fair land of OZ like the price of cars in general is pretty excessive. However my Honda for a basic service is about $290 every 6 months (cf with 12 month service interval of lexus). They also charge $50 bucks for a hire car.

All up therefore Lexus is ripping us off no worse than all the other brands.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I paid less that $310 for the 30k service at the Toyota dealer (Lexus wanted over $500)...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Those numbers are hor$hit. Mobil 1 0-20 runs about $4/qt at Walmart. I am not sure that the brake fluid needs to be changed. I would get the filters on line or at Autozone keep the receipts & do the work myself. I have the facility & the knowledge to do it. Also I could get it done at a local reputable garage for <250.

·
Registered
383 Posts
my local Toyota dealer can/will do all the work but any kind of warranty work I have to go to the Lexus dealer.

·
Registered
688 Posts
my local Toyota dealer can/will do all the work but any kind of warranty work
Same for me. In fact my Toyota dealer will do service work on any make/model of car. However, if I want something fixed under warranty (like the center console button for instance) I have to go to the Lexus dealer (about 1.5 hours away for me).

·
Registered
53 Posts
As per my dealer's website - the cost would be $281.62 for the recommend service at 30,000 miles and $395.57 for "Factory Plus" service (which includes four wheel alignment and four wheel balance). Sounds like a decent/fair price. They also have a Toyota dealership next door, so no going to the Toyota dealer for maintenance.

If you want to check out the price list for maintenance, it is located at priceleblanclexus.com. Just go to the Service & Part pull down menu and select Maintenance Schedule and enter your info. You can view by current recommendation, full schedule or mileage grid. It's nice to know what you'll pay before you even schedule your appointment.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts