Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
874 Posts
Love the car, but have decided to pursue more horsepower at expense of luxury and fabulous fuel mileage.

Anyone know what i should ask? After 5 months, it's got about 5.7K miles on it, bamboo trim, all weather mats, shark fin ant, premium pkg, non-nav.
Go for the Volvo C30 :cool:

· Premium Member
874 Posts
Vw - tdi

Actually, looking at a VW Golf TDI
I looked at that, the TDI is not much peppier than the CT200h; I thought you were looking for power :confused: It feels stout off the line because of the torque. And you will get good mileage from the diesel. Most of the features have been remove from base package to get the price down, but can be added back as optiions.

Not a Lexus , but good German road handling. Oil changes are expensive and reliability on VWs is not the greatest, but ssems to have improved in recent years.

Best of all - you can get it with a manual 6-speed :cool:

· Premium Member
874 Posts
I was on my way to VW to pick up a 4 door GTI when my girlfriend convinced me to try driving the CT200h....Haven't looked back since.
You have a very smart girlfriend ! :D

· Premium Member
874 Posts
Well, to be a bit more detailed -

Seats are better in the Golf, more back seat legroom, more overall cargo capacity, ability to shift , and the ability to go up even moderate hills without the engine talking so loud all figured in. When i mentioned power, i don't mean just horsepower, but the overall equation of get up and go, of which the torque is the big creator of smiles on the golf. So lose luxury, some fuel economy, but not too too much, gain smiles per above, and hopefully a couple grand in my pocket.
The CT is a really good car, just that afte 5 months i've learned more about myself as well as the car.
Okay now I understand especially when you said "the ability to shift" ;) Good luck Stumpie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.