Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Well, i guess this is goodbye. A guy flew in from Vegas yesterday, bought my CT and drove it back. My 2012 Golf TDI was delivered this week as well, so the next chapter begins. Have watched this forum grow from humble beginnings back in March when i joined, each month it's vibrancy grows. Good luck to all.
Don't know if you will see this post, Stumpie, but I am also located in the San Francisco Bay Area and about to unload my CT as well. Mine sounds similar to yours except for the color. It's a Tungsten Pearl CT200h Premium Non-Nav with Ecru (tan) NuLuxe interior. Factory options included a Cargo Spider Net, Illuminated Door Sills and an Accessory Package (Cargo Net, Cargo Mat, Wheel Locks and Rear Bumper Applique). I added as after market options Lexus all-weather floor mats, Lexus all-weather cargo mat, bamboo trim, body side mouldings and a shark fin antenna. Sticker was $32,436 and the odometer shows 2300 miles. The car is letter perfect (no dents, scraches, etc.).

After owning it for six months (I purchased it in March) I have come to the conclusion that it is a bit too small for my needs. I'll be looking for a car that provides similar mileage but has more interior and cargo room. Fortunately, there are lots of makes and models to choose from.

Coincidentally, a close friend of mine came by the other day in his new VW Jetta (as opposed to a Golf) TDI diesel, which I drove when we went to lunch 20 miles away. I was surprised at the power the little 2-liter turbo 4-banger had, and at the amount of interior and trunk room. While he pays a premium for diesel, the car has noticeably better acceleration than the CT, gets about the same mileage, and has a range of about 500 miles due to a larger tank. He paid $27K plus T&L. The Jetta TDI will be among the cars I will be considering after I sell my CT.

I decided I'm going to stand firm at $28K and advertise the car in the paper next weekend unless someone on this forum on the West Coast wants it at that price. I'm thinking $28K should be an attractive price for a CT with only 2300 miles.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM. Photos below.

· Registered
98 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.