Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the car, but have decided to pursue more horsepower at expense of luxury and fabulous fuel mileage.

Anyone know what i should ask? After 5 months, it's got about 5.7K miles on it, bamboo trim, all weather mats, shark fin ant, premium pkg, non-nav.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Love the car, but have decided to pursue more horsepower at expense of luxury and fabulous fuel mileage.

Anyone know what i should ask? After 5 months, it's got about 5.7K miles on it, bamboo trim, all weather mats, shark fin ant, premium pkg, non-nav.
Dude, just add a 100 shot of NOS. You just need NOS man, serious NOS. (J/K).

I'd probably ask $29,999.99 for it. Have you asked the dealer you purchased it from? They might want it.

Man, that's an awful tax hit to take (depending on where you live).

The tax in Cali alone would be close to $3000. Not $1000 per month, but still that'd be a bitter pill to swallow. Maybe you could palm it off to a family member and avoid the tax hit again?

But hey, at least you didn't lease, getting out of the lease at 5 months would be staggering.

The caramel interior is very much in demand, I'd say 95% of the cars out there on the lots have black or white interiors. (I know, I called every dealership within 1000 miles before I found my Starfire Pearl/Caramel).

·
Premium Member
875 Posts

Go for the Volvo C30 :cool:

·
Registered
516 Posts
funny...I was in San Francisco Bay area the first week of August...visiting from Florida...I only saw 1 CT200h while I was out there and it was black with caramel interior...probably yours.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Vw - tdi

Actually, looking at a VW Golf TDI
I looked at that, the TDI is not much peppier than the CT200h; I thought you were looking for power :confused: It feels stout off the line because of the torque. And you will get good mileage from the diesel. Most of the features have been remove from base package to get the price down, but can be added back as optiions.

Not a Lexus , but good German road handling. Oil changes are expensive and reliability on VWs is not the greatest, but ssems to have improved in recent years.

Best of all - you can get it with a manual 6-speed :cool:

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I was on my way to VW to pick up a 4 door GTI when my girlfriend convinced me to try driving the CT200h....Haven't looked back since.
You have a very smart girlfriend ! :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Too funny! Not getting any more power out of a TDI. Maybe a GTI or , as mentioned the C30. Whats the REAL reason :)
Well, to be a bit more detailed -

Seats are better in the Golf, more back seat legroom, more overall cargo capacity, ability to shift , and the ability to go up even moderate hills without the engine talking so loud all figured in. When i mentioned power, i don't mean just horsepower, but the overall equation of get up and go, of which the torque is the big creator of smiles on the golf. So lose luxury, some fuel economy, but not too too much, gain smiles per above, and hopefully a couple grand in my pocket.
The CT is a really good car, just that afte 5 months i've learned more about myself as well as the car.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Well, to be a bit more detailed -

Seats are better in the Golf, more back seat legroom, more overall cargo capacity, ability to shift , and the ability to go up even moderate hills without the engine talking so loud all figured in. When i mentioned power, i don't mean just horsepower, but the overall equation of get up and go, of which the torque is the big creator of smiles on the golf. So lose luxury, some fuel economy, but not too too much, gain smiles per above, and hopefully a couple grand in my pocket.
The CT is a really good car, just that afte 5 months i've learned more about myself as well as the car.
Okay now I understand especially when you said "the ability to shift" ;) Good luck Stumpie

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, i guess this is goodbye. A guy flew in from Vegas yesterday, bought my CT and drove it back. My 2012 Golf TDI was delivered this week as well, so the next chapter begins. Have watched this forum grow from humble beginnings back in March when i joined, each month it's vibrancy grows. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well, i guess this is goodbye. A guy flew in from Vegas yesterday, bought my CT and drove it back. My 2012 Golf TDI was delivered this week as well, so the next chapter begins. Have watched this forum grow from humble beginnings back in March when i joined, each month it's vibrancy grows. Good luck to all.
Don't know if you will see this post, Stumpie, but I am also located in the San Francisco Bay Area and about to unload my CT as well. Mine sounds similar to yours except for the color. It's a Tungsten Pearl CT200h Premium Non-Nav with Ecru (tan) NuLuxe interior. Factory options included a Cargo Spider Net, Illuminated Door Sills and an Accessory Package (Cargo Net, Cargo Mat, Wheel Locks and Rear Bumper Applique). I added as after market options Lexus all-weather floor mats, Lexus all-weather cargo mat, bamboo trim, body side mouldings and a shark fin antenna. Sticker was $32,436 and the odometer shows 2300 miles. The car is letter perfect (no dents, scraches, etc.).

After owning it for six months (I purchased it in March) I have come to the conclusion that it is a bit too small for my needs. I'll be looking for a car that provides similar mileage but has more interior and cargo room. Fortunately, there are lots of makes and models to choose from.

Coincidentally, a close friend of mine came by the other day in his new VW Jetta (as opposed to a Golf) TDI diesel, which I drove when we went to lunch 20 miles away. I was surprised at the power the little 2-liter turbo 4-banger had, and at the amount of interior and trunk room. While he pays a premium for diesel, the car has noticeably better acceleration than the CT, gets about the same mileage, and has a range of about 500 miles due to a larger tank. He paid $27K plus T&L. The Jetta TDI will be among the cars I will be considering after I sell my CT.

I decided I'm going to stand firm at $28K and advertise the car in the paper next weekend unless someone on this forum on the West Coast wants it at that price. I'm thinking $28K should be an attractive price for a CT with only 2300 miles.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM. Photos below.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Billmat,
where did you get the door ding strip on side panels?

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I would have waited and bought the R20 that's coming out soon. My friend has the R32 and it's an awesome car, I think VW did a great job with the R20. I probably would have landed in that if I didn't get the CT, but I really did need the better mileage to save $ on gas.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Don't know if you will see this post, Stumpie, but I am also located in the San Francisco Bay Area and about to unload my CT as well. Mine sounds similar to yours except for the color. It's a Tungsten Pearl CT200h Premium Non-Nav with Ecru (tan) NuLuxe interior. Factory options included a Cargo Spider Net, Illuminated Door Sills and an Accessory Package (Cargo Net, Cargo Mat, Wheel Locks and Rear Bumper Applique). I added as after market options Lexus all-weather floor mats, Lexus all-weather cargo mat, bamboo trim, body side mouldings and a shark fin antenna. Sticker was $32,436 and the odometer shows 2300 miles. The car is letter perfect (no dents, scraches, etc.).

After owning it for six months (I purchased it in March) I have come to the conclusion that it is a bit too small for my needs. I'll be looking for a car that provides similar mileage but has more interior and cargo room. Fortunately, there are lots of makes and models to choose from.

Coincidentally, a close friend of mine came by the other day in his new VW Jetta (as opposed to a Golf) TDI diesel, which I drove when we went to lunch 20 miles away. I was surprised at the power the little 2-liter turbo 4-banger had, and at the amount of interior and trunk room. While he pays a premium for diesel, the car has noticeably better acceleration than the CT, gets about the same mileage, and has a range of about 500 miles due to a larger tank. He paid $27K plus T&L. The Jetta TDI will be among the cars I will be considering after I sell my CT.

I decided I'm going to stand firm at $28K and advertise the car in the paper next weekend unless someone on this forum on the West Coast wants it at that price. I'm thinking $28K should be an attractive price for a CT with only 2300 miles.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM. Photos below.

Too bad i am on the east coast and not at home right now because at this price i would be very interested to take it across Canada! So in the next spring, CT's owner take this message, i will probably look for a US CT200h since its cheaper and you can get so much more color combo!

·
Registered
98 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts