Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering moving to the CT200h from a 2011 Prius 5. I am way turned off by the rattles, creaks, groans and vibration that have begun issuing from the Prius, consistently or intermittently, over its first 2,700 miles, even with the tires inflated only to their factory-recommended level.

I'd like to hear only from Prius owners how your experience with the CT200h compares. Please specifically address build quality, road noise, fit and finish and MPG. (As to the latter, on a seven-mile test drive I got 52.6 MPG this weekend -- so I’m pretty sure I can do far better than the EPA estimates.)

Many thanks.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've never owned a Prius, but a friend of mine owns a 2008 Prius. I never noticed all the rattles, creeks, and groans you mention, but if you are simply referring to road noise, the CT is definitely a winner. However, MPG, the Prius is king. In my opinion, comparing Prius and CT200h 'build quality, road noise, fit and finish' are...kinda apples and oranges, though. To me, the two cars are different. As far as quality, build, options, features... You get what you pay for.
I don't know if you have already or not, but why not take a test drive of the CT200h?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Différent cars but same price I s, about to do the same! Love my Prius style with the 17 inchs wheels but for the same price I would get the Lexus!

I am sure I can get same mpg with the Ct200h!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Previous Prius Owner

I've been a Prius owner since 2005 and loved it. I had what was at the time the top level with the Nav system. I was going to replace her with a Prius V, but due to limited availability, I looked around at what other hybrids there were, and found the CT. Boy am I happy I found it! Low noise, quiet, and great gas mileage. The kicker is that they are so closely priced! I'm down 3-5mpg but the comfort and luxury are well worth it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a 2005 Prius, wanted to move up to a new hybrid and the Lexus was perfect. A little worse mileage but a great car for the money.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I'm considering moving to the CT200h from a 2011 Prius 5. I am way turned off by the rattles, creaks, groans and vibration that have begun issuing from the Prius, consistently or intermittently, over its first 2,700 miles, even with the tires inflated only to their factory-recommended level.

I'd like to hear only from Prius owners how your experience with the CT200h compares. Please specifically address build quality, road noise, fit and finish and MPG. (As to the latter, on a seven-mile test drive I got 52.6 MPG this weekend -- so I’m pretty sure I can do far better than the EPA estimates.)

Many thanks.
These are my opinions and observations about my wife's CT200h.

The problem with comparing cars is that opinions are personal and subjective.

We have had the car since mid March, she averages about 42 mpg (US) driving mainly suburban roads.

She is no Mario Andretti (driving with a lead foot) but I can only imagine how boring and laborious it would be to try and approach anywhere close to 50 mpg.

As far as build quality I would say it is good and not great. Close inspection shows where Lexus left out "stuff" to keep the cost down.

Road noise is not subdued like you would imagine for a Lexus and the ride is firm.

The quick response of the steering is a definite plus.

Selection of sport mode at least gives an impression of a little zip.

We chose the Lexus because it's a hybrid and cute - we never considered the Prius and would never buy one, simply because we hate how it looks.

As I've said in previous posts if this were our only and/or primary car we would not have bought it.

My wife loves it, but probably because she is only spending half of what she spent on gas with her previous car.

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts