Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this has been covered. . .I searched but didn't find anything.
Is it possible to add seat memory to the nulux seats without adding the leather option? Even as a dealer add-on or aftermarket product. I've had my new ct200h for a week, and that is the only thing I didn't get that I think I would like. I love the nulux, why have to order leather to get seat memory?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Nope. You can't have one without the other if choosing from standard Lexus packages here in the US.

The only way I suppose you would be able to get the seat memory would involve jerry-rigging the system and finding some way to program switches with seat positions. But I don't know of any Lexus package that allows for NuLuxe with seat memory.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the seat functionality the same for nulux and leather? If so, I would think the system could be retrofitted using the exact logic module as used with the leather. Any thoughts or can someone verify if the "mechanics" of the seats are the same for leather and nulux.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I'm sure in theory the seat modules should be the same. You would just have to find a way to tap into the logic module or wiring with a memory module and buttons in order to save the seat settings.

You might not be able to get mirror memory though. The memory system also includes mirror positioning, if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I think it may also include steering wheel memory.. .but I am only interested in trying to tap into the seat memory. It's interesting, I know this is a new car offering, but over on the RX7club site, if it can be done, there are posts about how to do it! It is not "if", it is how. lol Well, I'll see if anyone else chimes in. . .

·
Registered
391 Posts
Thanks. I think it may also include steering wheel memory.. .but I am only interested in trying to tap into the seat memory. It's interesting, I know this is a new car offering, but over on the RX7club site, if it can be done, there are posts about how to do it! It is not "if", it is how. lol Well, I'll see if anyone else chimes in. . .
I'm pretty sure this would not be easy at all. It doesn't look like all the components on the NON-mem seats are the same as the Memory seats. I've looked at the electrical drawings and the Non-mem seat's four motors just have two wires to take a signal from the switches. The Mem Seats motors have four wires.. I'm guessing two are taking a signal from the switch and the others help with the signal from the Mem ECU/position selection buttons. I suppose one could use some kind of after market device and tap in to the Non Mem seat's two wires...

You can see a video of the underside of my Non-Memory seat on my blog.

Roger's CT

The motor in back with the red and black wires is the Seat Tilt motor. If anyone could get a photo of that same motor which has the Seat Memory, we could better understand how difficult it would be.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, making progress here. Yes, we need to see if it is the same motor setup with perhap just a different harness, or a completely different setup. Thanks for the video!

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I thought the steering wheel was manual tilt? Therefore no steering wheel memory?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have the nulux and would love to be able to add memory seat and mirrors. For the first time in 37 years my wife and I are sharing the same car. Resetting the car is a drag for both of us.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think the easiest and least expensive option is to trade up to a 2012 with leather. I have had Lexus memory seats, mirrors & steering wheel for years and yes I really miss it. Of course even with that, still no memory steering wheel. It would be great if if the wheel tilted up & back when shutting off the engine...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Interesting thread, would be very interested in adding this option to our F-Sport, memory seats / mirrors is a feature we really miss.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got the F-Sport yesterday and the two things I wish I had would be the seat memory and cooled seats. I know the cooled seats would be even harder to do. Oh, rear cup holders would have been a decent idea too.

2014 CT200h F Sport Black/Black w/Navigation

1 - 12 of 12 Posts