Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My experience has been very different than what I am seeing on this site. The first dealership I went to told me that there would be a 90 day wait. I tried another dealership a couple hours away and in one week I have already had to turn down 3 vehicles. I am trying to sell my 2004 Mini Cooper and want to purchase my CT in September, but the dealership suggested that I pay the down payment to put my name on the waiting list. They have already contacted me regarding three vehicles that I could have in two weeks. It has been very surprising.

My question is...I cannot stand that terrible alarm that goes off if you don't have your seatbelt on. I always wear my seatbelt, but I guess I am not as quick as I should be. Has anyone had any luck getting the dealer to disable the alarm? The dealer said that they could do it, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
My question is...I cannot stand that terrible alarm that goes off if you don't have your seatbelt on. I always wear my seatbelt, but I guess I am not as quick as I should be. Has anyone had any luck getting the dealer to disable the alarm? The dealer said that they could do it, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it.

Thanks!
Yes they can set it, and as you write they have said to you that they can fix it.
Its no law (not here at least) with a buzzer for it so what exactly is your question?
Its just to ask them to do the settings you like (you can see them all here: http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/document/om/OM76004U/pdf/sec_06-02.pdf and they usually set them as you like for free.

Regards

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Yes. I got mine disabled with no issues via dealer with customization.

·
Registered
146 Posts
http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/CT200h-without-nav-LPS.pdf

It's options 34 and 35 on the PDF above. There a whole lot of options you can personalize yourself and there are bunch of options that can only be done by the dealer... take this to your dealer and the'll make you sign it... I guess they don't want to be sued?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts