Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this with my old cars but didn't care until now. Is there something that I can put underneath the handles to keep my wife's rings from scratching the paint? She's only driven it twice and she's scratching the wax. It won't be long before we are down to bare metal.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I noticed this with my old cars but didn't care until now. Is there something that I can put underneath the handles to keep my wife's rings from scratching the paint? She's only driven it twice and she's scratching the wax. It won't be long before we are down to bare metal.
You can probably put a bit of 3M clear bra material in there. Buy a piece and experiment. Can't cost much and if it takes you several tries, who cares?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did this for new CT this past weekend. I bought a strip of clear vinyl from rvinyl (12"x48"). Played around with different shapes and got it to a shape that would work. Went through 3 sets before I got to one that I can live with. I figure it's gonna get scratched up in a year or so, and I'll cut a new set and put them on again. Think touchscreen protectors, you replace the about once or twice a year.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Lexus UK do (expensive) protectors for this very purpose. Ask your dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts