Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have owned my car almost 2 months and had my first "ding" to the bumper today. There is some scratches at the bottom of the front bumper now and I'm wondering if it's worth repairing them. I guess that's what a bumper is for, but it bothers me!

· Registered
22 Posts
Same here. The low bumper got the best of me on a curb. I felt pretty weaksauce as I've never done that to a car before and I'd only had my CT a few months. My dealership has a body shop so I asked when I went in for my 5k service. They quoted me $1.7k to fix which made me want to smack them in the face. I thought it would be like $400 tops. Will need to poke around more but I want mine fixed.

· Registered
842 Posts
If it is way at the bottom, you can probably fix it with almost any spray paint. I have a Pearl white (or whatever they call it) and I used an appliance white to spray the bottom 1/4 inch of the front bumper. Can't tell, it looks like a shadow or reflection. I don't think it is worth fixing at the cost of this, unless it is really obvious.

· Registered
28 Posts
The right way to fix it is to have the bumper cover removed, stripped, painted and baked. That is what local Lexus dealership did on my 1 week old Prius when an old guy scraped mine while I was in a gas station doing the first fillup.

It was my wife's band new Prius that I was driving because she did not want to take it to work and park it in the lot until we had body side mouldings installed.

JR

· Registered
9 Posts
Same thing happened with me also.I thing its on the lower side of the car.I don't know how it happened ,i just heard a sound and when i looked it was the bumper.i thing it got a small damage.i had repaired it.I can't understand what type of damage you have told.can you explain it more?. So that i can tell you suggestion .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.