Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The AutoGuide.com Car of the Year has to be a stand-out winner among its competitors, and whether it’s a compact car, a luxury sedan or a sports car, it must set new benchmarks in its class. It must also be an important car, for the automaker, for consumers and for the automotive history books.

For those reasons the winner of the first ever AutoGuide.com Car of the Year is none other than… the Scion FR-S.

A sports car should be agile, well-balanced, responsive and intuitive, responding to driver inputs. The FR-S takes these qualities to an impressive level and flatters the driver, making almost anyone look and feel like a professional behind the wheel.

An engaging daily drive, hit the track and it’s easy to make this car fly. And yet going fast is hardly the primary objective, of the FR-S, or of any sports car for that matter. Those who think so, as well as those who criticise the fact that it makes “just” 200 hp, have missed the point.
Read the complete story about the AutoGuide.com Car of the Year on AutoGuide.com

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Nice review on the Scion FR-S

Here is another point of View comparing the Scion FR-S to the Ford Focus ST.
The $25K Question: Ford Focus ST or Scion FR-S? | 0-60 Magazine

The Scion FR-S is a great looking car and rear wheel drive but is only 2-door and has very little nackseat room and a tiny trunk 6.9 cu ft.

The Ford Focust ST has pretty much the same dimensions as a Lexus CT200h but with a bigger trunk space , 23.8 cu ft with all seats up, a 2.0 liter engine with a whole lot more power 252 HP 270 ft lb torque, full torque from 2,000 RPM to 4,500 RPM, direct injection and low inertia turbo with no apparent lag. a slick shifting 6-speed manual, excellent recaro leather seats, a sound system that blows the Premium CT200h sound system away, and HID lights. Mileage isn't bad for the performace you get 23/32 mpg

IMHO is obvious thta Autoguide did not include the Ford Focus ST as one of their contenders.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I liked the FR-S/FT-86/BRZ because it is a small, cheap, fun to drive RWD car.
It is a segment that is overlooked IMO, and I for one am very happy to see it brought back to life.
The focus is just a tuned, powerful fwd economy car. There are already a few of those out there.

And from what I've read, the FR-S is pretty much the most fun to drive car in that price range.

I completely agree with AutoGuide on this, and for SUV of the year I'd give it to the Mazda CX-5 or the Range Rover Evoque

1 - 3 of 3 Posts