Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be a benefit to have a dedicated thread for the scanguage and the gauge readout and coding possibilities

Toyota Specific : Linear Logic : Home of the ScanGauge

Using this gauge can provide a huge amount of data that is not displayed on the OEM instrumentation

This is definitely a great investment.

If you reprogram the reverse beep and the seat belt beep avoiding what the dealer would have charged will pay for the gauge.

Here is the link for the code matrix

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...ZTUR1eVE&hl=en

Here are the instructions on how to set up the xgauge programming mode

The following steps are for reprogramming with a scangauge:

1. turn on the car
2. push the red circled HOME button
3. push MORE 3 times (MORE MORE MORE)
4. push XGAUGES
5. select an xgauge number to enter the data in, 1 throught 24
6. push EDIT
7. the first data to enter will be TXD, enter the TXD for Reverse Beep Disable (or which ever one you want) which is on the spread sheet https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...ZTUR1eVE&hl=en
8. push OK
9. enter the data for RXF and push OK, enter data for RXD and push OK, enter data for MTH and push OK, enter a 3 letter name such as SBS (for Seat Belt Select) and push OK
10. push SAVE
11. push EDIT again and go through and check everything you just entered, be careful, remember you are entering data into the ECU
12. if you change anything don't forget to push SAVE again
13. push EXIT
14. push gauges

Now you are ready to enter the command that will disable the seat belt beeper.

15. push one of the four white gauge select buttons repetedly to go through all of the default gauges, eventually (after about 15 pushes from the first gauge) you will come to your Xgauge command RBS. Leave it there for 2 or 3 seconds to send the data to the ECU
16. push the white button again so it will quit sending data
17. select what ever gauge you wish to view in that position
18. make sure the seat belt beep is actually disabled
19. since the seatbelt and reverse beep commands actually send data to the ECU you now need to disable them so they won't be selected by accident
20. go back into the xgauge menu and select EDIT, TXD, and enter a blank character for the first digit (a blank not a 0) then hit OK until you are at SAVE again and save it This deletes the TXD but the rest of the data for that command is still there so if you need it again you can just reenter the TXD.

It took me less than 10 minutes to reprogram the reverse beep on my wife's Lexus

·
Registered
78 Posts
Audi4T - this is a great list of x-Gauges! Thanks for posting.

If anyone is interested in a ScanGauge, please PM me. I have one for sale ($100.00 - we can discuss shipping costs). I used it once on my Prius to pull codes and I put it back in the box as I had too much stuff (Radar detector and Garmin) already hooked up.

Dale.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i went to a westminster lexus deal in social to have 10k service, the dealer had performed all that for free :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
i went to a westminster lexus deal in social to have 10k service, the dealer had performed all that for free :)
I see the main benefit of a Scangauge is not to scan codes (which it does, but I haven't used), but rather to monitor the performance of the engine , like coolant temperature or temperature of the motor-generators. Also, I find the average MPG reading which it does to be more accurate than that calculated by the car. The display is easily changed to what you want to see, up to four gauges. It can also show the instantaneous MPG, which I have found to be helpful in getting the best fuel economy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there -- I was the one who made this spreadsheet for my 2010 Prius. I'm curious to find out if you have tried any of the other codes? I want to update it to reflect the fact that the codes are compatible (somewhat?) with the CT200h. Both cars (from what I understand) share the same drive train, so I was hoping it worked.

Someone with a Lexus RS450h tried some and they didn't work .... and I tried my SGII on my friend's Camry Hybrid and it didn't work (which would mean it most certainly doesn't work on the Lexus HS250h since that's a Camry)

I'm thinking of upgrading to a Lexus CT200h and it would be great to not have to reverse all of the codes again.

The Specific codes which are the most useful:

SOC - State of Charge
AMP - Batter power flow
ICT - Inverter coolant temperature

If those work there is a good chance the rest do.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi there -- I was the one who made this spreadsheet for my 2010 Prius. I'm curious to find out if you have tried any of the other codes? I want to update it to reflect the fact that the codes are compatible (somewhat?) with the CT200h. Both cars (from what I understand) share the same drive train, so I was hoping it worked.

Someone with a Lexus RS450h tried some and they didn't work .... and I tried my SGII on my friend's Camry Hybrid and it didn't work (which would mean it most certainly doesn't work on the Lexus HS250h since that's a Camry)

I'm thinking of upgrading to a Lexus CT200h and it would be great to not have to reverse all of the codes again.

SOC - State of Charge
AMP - Batter power flow

Hi

thanks for all the prior work.

I haven't had a chance to check the other codes but if I were to guess I would say they have a good chance of working since the CT is to a great extent a Prius.

If I get a chance I will set up the codes and see if I get some meaningful data.

·
Registered
46 Posts
can the reverse tone and seatbelt warning tone be completely eliminated? or does this just lower the volume and/or change tone to long one?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just picked up a ScanGaugeII yesterday. Cool little device, I think I will have fun with it. Plan to change my backup and seatbelt sounds this weekend.

Question: is there a code to modify the remote window up/down settings?

·
Registered
30 Posts

SOC - State of Charge
AMP - Batter power flow

Hello. I owned a 3gen prius and now i drive a ct200h. Can confirm that scangauge is working exactly the same way than in the prius. Looks like scangauge didn't even notice he has been pluged in a different car.

The three xgauges above are working well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts