Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joined this site from advice from another Clublexus member and it seems there are more CT200h owners here and definitely more activity than CL for some odd reason. Anyways I've been a long time Lexus owner dating back to my first GS400 in 1999. Went full BLITZ and Rod Millen at the time. From there we've had a host of RX, IS, GS, recently sold my IS-F and when my wife needed a good long range commuter we picked up the CT200h F-sport after a short comparison to the Prius.

I'm 100% a car and performance nut so buying a hybrid is a new thing for me. I was thoroughly impressed with the CT's interior, seats and overall looks and with 40+ MPG to boot, can't complain.

Granted it's a bit slow for my taste but I'm really enjoying the drive and handling nature of this car. Being able to fit a baby seat in the car is a bit plus for me as I'm a daddy now with one more on the way. This car is way smaller than the Prius but I do like the overall interior space.

A few gripes I have on my wish list:

a) Reclining rear seats
b) Larger sun visors
c) More 12v+ accessory plugs

To be honest the car is not really picture worthy yet as I have a host of mods to do but we did start with the top 3 basic MUST DO in my opinion:

1) Clear Bra
2) Window Tint
c) HID upgrade to 6000k

here's a few pictures as we wrapped the car in blue tape for our drive home (Not taking chances on rock chips prior to doing the clear bra)

We opted to get the F-sport package since I really like that sportier front grill but the nice gun-metal rims was an added plus in the package.

Stay tuned for more pics and lotsa mods in 2012............

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Besides Clear Bra and Tint, the single most important upgrade was the HID 6k light upgrade since the stock halogens are so un-worthy to be used in a Lexus!

I've done many installations before but from my experience a quality installation is very important to have reliable lighting. What I did was carefully solder 14 gauge wiring extensions from the factory wiring and connected everything to the ballast with solid connections. I know many people use crimps or electrical tape but this is certainly not the place for a crappy connection!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Completed Install:

I'm debating if I should replace the fogs with a nice LED DRL upgrade as well since I have this setup on my other cars too - super bright and very distinct.

My next series of mods should be more dramatic including suspension, wheels and some body cosmetic upgrades. Also planning to hardwire my Valentine V1 and do the Beatsonic bypass modules so I can drive and input at the same time. No I do not think it's dangerous and pretty silly of Lexus to limit this function. So dumb to have to stop just to do this task :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So over the weekend I had some time to kill and decided to do a few things for BOS event:

We wrapped the entire roof in matte black (the edge of the roof where it meets the windshield had chips!) and also decided to give the front grill a more aggressive look.

here's a picture of it while being primered:

I'll have some after pictures later :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some shots from over the weekend:

Interior is all spruced up with some minor add-ons:

Front Grill treatment definitely gives it a more aggressive touch:

Added the sharkfin rear diffuser for now (bumper coming later)

Roof is wrapped matte black along with front grill trim:

Now it's time for the coilovers and rims next :)

Stay tuned!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dude, these mods look GREAT! Awesome work! Also quick question: what are some of the interior mods that you mentioned?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^Sure, Interior mods are as listed:

a) Custom color neck pillow (my wife loves them) since the headrest is too far forward for her
b) ARISTO shift knob
c) Valentine V1 on custom bracket hardwired under rearview mirror
d) Custom cut floor mats for now

(Will be installing my Beat Sonic bypass NAVI/DVD module and adding a 2nd 12V+ jack under the glovebox soon)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Man, your car is looking awesome! I love the front splitter and diffuser, adds a nice touch and is definately agressive looking. You have done quite a bit of work in a short time.....I'm jealous. Where did you get that front splitter?

Can't wait to see what it looks like on new suspension and wheels! Keep posting the progress. For the rear diffuser.... I can't even see it! :p

Now this is a diffuser LoL :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
nice! how far did you go with the vinyl wrapping? all the way to the spoiler? do u have a pic up top? thinking of doing the same but don't know which looks better

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice! how far did you go with the vinyl wrapping? all the way to the spoiler? do u have a pic up top? thinking of doing the same but don't know which looks better
Nice aerial shot of the car with the matte black roof and new window visors!

·
Registered
90 Posts
...solder 14 gauge wiring extensions from the factory wiring and connected everything to the ballast with solid connections. I know many people use crimps or electrical tape but this is certainly not the place for... :(
Crimping almost always is better than soldering. It offers better pullour force. And there are other advantages.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Life's been busy so haven't really touched the car much in terms of mods but picked up another toy recently. These cars could not be more opposite of each other but oddly enough I found a few things that are quite similar!

Differences:
F-sport vs. M-power
45mpg vs. 14.5 mpg
4 cyl + battery vs. V8
215 tire vs. 275 tire
1 pipe vs. 4 pipes
LED DRL vs. Halo DRL
Fogs vs. No fogs
Backup cam vs. PDC Beep

Same:
Fold down rear seats
Room for 5