Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bride has been driving a 2004 RX330 for over eight years. It now has 131k miles. It is in excellent shape and we have always had every suggested maintenance level done at the Lexus store, though for the past couple of years we've had oil changes done at the near Toyota dealer (16 miles vs 55 for Lexus.) We're about ready to make a trade. I've been pretty locked in to the Prius V, not knowing until today that there was a similar Lexus version. We'd be going down in cargo space size from the RX to the Prius V but the CT is even smaller. I wish there was a Lexus version of the V- same size, stature, etc, but with Lexus quality.
My wife also likes the higher ride of her RX. The Prius V, sitting three inches taller than the Prius sedan, would probably be okay with her. I'm not sure how she's going to like the low ride of the CT. Plus, we're both fairly tall (5'11" and 5'9") so the lower seats bring up a question of comfort, especially for long drives. I'd like to hear comfort reports from tall drivers on long hauls. Our son and his family are moving to Denver and that's a 1000 mile one way drive from near Houston!
I'd appreciate your comments and input. We have not test driven either of these yet.

Another issue. With the RX being a close cousin of the Toyota Highlander, we've had no problem getting minor service at the nearby Toyota dealer and it's MUCH cheaper than the same service at the far away Lexus dealer. Will there be any problems getting a CT serviced at the Toyota shop?

Thanks! Happy to be a new member of this forum!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have had Prius and now have 2012 CT. Prius is OK if you can get over the god-awful ugly interior and the way the front end wants to wander around the road. How they make that Prius interior so ugly is beyond me. You wear the CT200. Depends on your likes and dislikes. As many small British sports cars ( MGs and Triumphs) as I have had the "wear it" part is no problem for me. You can also approach Prius MPG figures if you are careful with CT. Not paranoid; just careful.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Try Ford C-Max

First Turkeydriver, I have a 2010 Prius level V, not the new large Prius V , but the one with the 17 inch wheels) The 17 inch not the wheels make a huge difference; it rides and drives very well. It does not wander all over the road. It also has the advanced technology package. The other Level Prius’s I, II, II, and IV all had the wondering 16 inch

Now back to Kensterfly’s wheels.? The CT200h is pretty small on luggage space. A regular Prius or and 330 RX have more. I assume the 330 RX you are talking about is your bride’s. Your mileage even at 131,000 is not that high for a well-maintained Lexus; The Lexus RX330 could probably easily go another 70,000 miles without major problems. The RX330 is more luxurious, but also burns more gas. The downside of the RX330 is that it real doesn’t provide that much cargo space compared to other comparable sized SUVs. The Prius V should provide a lot more space and would get better mileage, but also probably a car payment. Oh, in addition to the Prius and the CT200h, I have a couple of other cars one being a Ford Focus ST ( manual shift, power, fun, much better radio). Talking about radios/audio, the CT200h has a very poor sound system; your bride’s RX330 sound system is far superior. Even the Prius beats the sound system of the CT200h. Even the Prius Now the reason I mentioned for is because they have a new hybrid vehicle, C-Max which actually lager than the Prius V and has a excellent audio system. Ford has come a long way in the last couple of years especially and if you haven’t tried them recently you would be amazed. Anyway the downside of the C-Max which is rate at 44/44 mpg is that most people are only getting around 35 mpg. I think part of the reason is the ecoboost engine ( which I have a 252 hp 2.0 liter in my Ford Focus ST) is that it is euphoric to get carried away with the power and stick your foot in throttle. The C-Max has an ecoboost engine tuned a little more for economy, but the combination provides a lot better power on demand than the CT200h, Prius, or Prius V. Your 330 RX would still have a little more power, albeit not much more.

Anyway, given the criteria you have provided I would keep the RX330. If you want a new higher mpg car, I would get the Ford C-Max since you didn’t mention a new Lexus RX 400h as a choice either.

MidCow3

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just my two cents, ct200 has a nicer interior and is fun in the twisties but is short on cargo room if that's your priority,especially if traveling extensively with kids/cargo. I recently read about the new Honda Accord hybrid that was tested over in Japan and capable of 50mpg/city(Honda claims up to 70mpg)according to Motor Trend. The main advantage of its system is that it tries to operate the accord off the lithium ion battery pack as much as possible up to 50mph unlike prius's 20mph limit. Plus the accord is roomier and not sure about hybrid version but regular version praised for fun/handling. Would make this my next choice but my better half has an Audi in her sights. Good luck whatever your final decision!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
180 Posts
Go test drive the V and see for yourself whether or not you'll be willing to take that big a hit on luxury. Then go and test drive the CT. Decide if the entry level Lexus gives you enough luxury to warrant sacrificing the extra space of the V. My sister has a V and I have my CT. I'm only 5'7" and my wife is 5'2". The CT is fine for us. It might not be for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts