Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I won't be expecting to pickup the car until end on June. But wondering if anyone got or plan to get the rust proofing package? Or is there some standard rust proofing from dealer already?

Thanks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I would not buy rustproofing. The CT has a long rust warranty. I would be afraid to put rustproofing on a hybrid. It could cause problems.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Don't live in the Midwest anymore, but new cars these days even rust these days? I thought certain parts are galvanized steel to prevent rusting.

I heard that rust proofing cars is a gamble because if they do it incorrectly, they could actually plug up the drain holes.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
It's just another gimmick from the dealer. If Lexus skimped on their body panels and required aftermarket rustproofing, you'd hear about all the quality control issues in the news re: rusting.

the only problems i've heard are from people who opted FOR the rust proofing. User error in part of the dealership in applying it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I agree. Rustproofing is pretty obsolete. I knew one guy who did it to his car...didn't do squat, really. Parts that rust will still rust.

In fact, be very cautious of all the extras the dealer offers on the day of delivery. They make it sound like your car will totally corrode and fall into pieces within a few years.

·
Registered
209 Posts
If it's any help my 2003 Lexus GS300 still has perfect bodywork. I am in the damp northeast of England.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for the reply.

I guess I should just wash/wax the car on a regular basic and should be good.

:)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks all for the reply.

I guess I should just wash/wax the car on a regular basic and should be good.

:)
I thought you were referring to the underbody coating thing, but either way...it's useless.

Yah, wash/wax and you're good.

I neglected my previous vehicle the last few years; never bothered to wash for (literally) years...road salt, rain, snow, bird droppings, tree sap...and it was fine and still shined. Just watch for deep scratches and chips that expose bare metal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts