Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha to all! I'm not liking the ride of low profile tires here on the pot hole riddled North shore of Maui. Road noise and feeling every bump are not to my liking. I have a 2014 with just 21K miles, but side walls got bumped & ripped. I'm the 2nd owner & it came with Michelin 215/45/17 Primacy MXM4. They are run flat but there is a spare tire in the boot. Even tho the tires only have 21K miles, they are 5 years old so I'm looking at replacing all 4. I can order the exact same tires & have shipped to Costco. (not a lot of options on an island in the middle of the Pacific ocean.) Wondering if run flat vs. standard makes a difference with the Tire Pressure Sensor and the comfort in the ride... Look for ward to hearing from some of you. Aloha, Shelly

·
380 Posts
You're sure they're run flat? MXM4 were OEM equipment on the CT and those are not run flat.
Unless the previous owner had them installed. In that case, they'd be MXM4 ZP for the run flat version.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Run flats are terrible. I'd replace them with normal tyres. The ride will be "slightly " better. The CT has firm suspension anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well thanx for that! I'm new to low profile and drive flat. The guy I bought it from said they were... Not a lot of options here so I guess I'll just order the same tires from Costco and try to tolerate the rough ride. I like everything else about my Lexus, which I have named C-3PO, due to the color... Thanx again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx. Reading up on run flats they sound sketchy to me. Anyway, there is a spare... I've never had to drive far to pull over and change a flat anyway. Not a lot of high speed driving situations on Maui. Our best newest 2 lane highway has a speed limit of 45 MPH. I found that out the hard way when I was cruising at 62...

·
380 Posts
Again, look at the sidewall. Unless the previous owner installed runflats, you do not have runflats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts