Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well we all know that the ct200h is mostly praised but I am curious to know if anyone has gotten rude comments about their car? I sure have. Ct200h is my first real car and when I showed it to one of my "friends" when I first got it her comment was "the only thing I like about your car is the key" I think she was a little jealous and then try to redeem herself by saying that she would've liked my car had it been in a different color (I have the charcoal)

One day I was driving around Westwood in Los Angeles and there was a group of people looking at my car. I was waiting at a red light. The dude talked so loud I could hear him. He was like
"Look at that car guys. It's that new Lexus"
"My friends all think that car is ugly as hell."
"But, but, personally, I like it!"

any stories?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
270 Posts
I had one saying today they should make it compulsory that it had something to warn people it was coming their way.

Answer : "they should make it compulsory that people look where they're going when they step out into the road" :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
My father-in-law said its a young car for teenagers. I'm 27 btw. Ive also heard its just a Mazda Protege 5 with a "L." ..... To hell with them. Haters gonna hate :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have not had many comments at all. My personal philosophy is that the only opinion that matters is the opinion of whoever pays for the car. I encountered issues in previous cars where I was criticized for not being able to haul people. My response was if these people want to buy my car, I will drive them around. Otherwise they can STFU.

I joke with my wife that if we get fat, then we might have to get a bigger car. Until then we are loving it!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've had mine about 5 weeks so far I have heard from a business man who owned a Mercedes C Class who called it a Bitchin Little hatchback I've been asked if its a fast car by a kid woking a drive thru and one other guy who walked into a deli I was in asking about the cool little Lexus and if it was a new car to Lexus. So 3 experienes so far and they have been all positive!

·
Registered
232 Posts
i got a comment from my neighbour (who drives the LS),

"its really a small car huh?"
"can it fit four?"

i looked at her and smiled politely. she is very old.

·
Registered
209 Posts
"My father-in-law said its a young car for teenagers"

Indeed he can go to hell. I'm 53 and I think it's a great car.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm 68 years old and drive a CT200h F Sport. I ignore most things people say about anything these days. They usually don't know the facts and for some reason or another people don't want to share your joy in anything any more. They'd rather put things down. I tell people who volunteer gratuitous comments that I'm from Uranus, my car is terrific and they're becoming a top seller on Uranus. Funny thing is, people can't move on fast enough.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Actually I found the CT generated the least amount of "talk" both positive or negative than most of the cars I owned. The CT looks like half a dozen other hatchbacks out there that most people won't even notice it on the street. The only people who notice it are people you know, people who own or shopping for a CT, or people who noticed the hybrid logo. People who know me would say nice things about my car doesn't matter what I got. People who is shopping for the CT or own one will only have nice things to say. People who noticed the hybrid logo would generally want to know how much more this car is comparing to Prius.

I only negative comments I heard for the CT actually came from the dealership. When I was signing the contracts, the guy actually started to tell me real life CT "trash talk" jokes happened in the dealership. When one of the manager's car was in the shop, he got a CT as loaner car. After 2 days, he demanded he wants his car back because he almost got rear ended when he tried EV mode. And when one day he was a little late to work driving the CT loaner, everyone asked he if he ran into a head wind.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm 68 years old and drive a CT200h F Sport. I ignore most things people say about anything these days. They usually don't know the facts and for some reason or another people don't want to share your joy in anything any more. They'd rather put things down. I tell people who volunteer gratuitous comments that I'm from Uranus, my car is terrific and they're becoming a top seller on Uranus. Funny thing is, people can't move on fast enough.
100% agreed. "They usually don't know the facts"

All of the comments I have gotten are mostly 99% positive. Only negative comments were about the 9.8 second 0-60mph time and people telling me the car is underpowered. None of these people has ever driven a Prius or CT200h. Their jaws drop when you tell them about the 47+ mpg I'm getting. Yeah, I wish the car had more power, but it's adequate for the driving I do.

·
Registered
441 Posts
A whole lot of European small cars including many of the grades in the new B-Class Mercedes range have a 0-60mph acceleration time of about 10 seconds. However, the only car that cops a bagging about it is the CT. One road test I read for an Audi model described how it "sprints to 60mph". A similar thing seems to apply to trunk space. The CT200h's trunk space is often described as small or inadequate, but other competitors with the same or less capacity and it's described favourably. I think sometimes it's all a function of "Lexusphobia", a terrible affliction that tends to affect ignorant people who don't know the facts and still (sadly) hold a prejudice about anything made in Japan.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
LOL. Nothing but positive comments. So far....

LOL. But then again, most people are just speechless after seeing my overloaded car rolling by. I've caused two accidents so far on two separate occasions. I'm starting to feel bad.

·
Registered
65 Posts
A whole lot of European small cars including many of the grades in the new B-Class Mercedes range have a 0-60mph acceleration time of about 10 seconds. However, the only car that cops a bagging about it is the CT. One road test I read for an Audi model described how it "sprints to 60mph". A similar thing seems to apply to trunk space. The CT200h's trunk space is often described as small or inadequate, but other competitors with the same or less capacity and it's described favourably. I think sometimes it's all a function of "Lexusphobia", a terrible affliction that tends to affect ignorant people who don't know the facts and still (sadly) hold a prejudice about anything made in Japan.
Agreed. It's funny how everyone says the CT200H has a small trunk space (14.3 cu feet), but when you compare to other vehicles, they are even smaller... Civic Hybrid is only 10.7 cu ft.. the now defunct Altima Hybrid 10.1 cu ft, new Toyota Camry Hybrid only 13.1 cu feet.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Speaking of trunk space I picked up a full size bicycle from a craigslist seller the other day. I rolled down my seats and it was a perfect fit. It wouldn't have fit in my old camry that's for sure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.